New AG Brewer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranga

Reaction score
G'Day.
Thought I'd better introduce myself as I have been trawling this forum for a few weeks now.

I got interested in brewing again late last year (After a 20 year hiatus). Back in the day, the best I could come up with were kits. I had sampled some AG brews however, the brewers would pass on such limited info it was like a "Black art". Low and behold 2 decades later, interwebs and a shitload of folks brewing real beer.

I am currently drinking my first AG, I have jumped into the deep end & kegged up as well.

It's been a most pleasant ride and a massive thumbs up to all of you.

R

Welcome, mate.

The community and this forum definitely don't have that kind of attitude. I'm only new to brewing but also jumped into the deep end with all grain and now kegging as well. I was only able to do that due to the awesome folks on here.

What was your first brew?

My first AG is a PA, which I did BIAB coz I didn't have my mash tun sorted.
Used cascade, ek goldings & motueka. Searched for & read a million different recipes and finally came up with my own take on it.

Nice.

Yeah, I'm brewing with a mate and we're doing BIAB too. May move to a 2 or 3v system in the future, but it's great for us to learn on for now.

I agree, it is a great way to learn.
My second brew (Conditioning in keg as we speak)was mashed and sparged in tun (50lt chilly bin) which I found was easier than BIAB.

Latest posts

Back