New 19L cornies: KK vs Mangrove Jack's ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super happy with my kegking ones bought in the great keg buy of 2014. Haven't missed a beat and that was a pretty big buy from memory so others here should be able to back me up. I like the rubber tops just easier to handle and use a cheap ratchet spanner like this for the posts.
f9160b9a-a1bc-43ce-954c-203dd6809b63.jpg
Well one of these anyhow...

Yeah, all sounding like good quality variants: I'm tending towards the KK ones because I'm off to Taree on Monday and will be passing two outlets that probably have one in stock (Country Brewer, Toormina and Copperhead Road Brewshop, Taree) thus saving a shitload on freight and possible dings on the way.
The ibrew guy said that there will be some savage price rises as the old stock runs out as a lot of his gear such as Kegmenters were originally ordered when the A-dollar was a lot higher.

Can vouch for KK variants. Ratchet spanner makes taking posts off and putting back simple (although mine is in a 'safe place', so never gets used).

If you're dedicating it to,pressure fermenting lagers, have you considered the fermentasurus? Similar price and, afaik, designed with that task in mind.

Can vouch for KK variants. Ratchet spanner makes taking posts off and putting back simple (although mine is in a 'safe place', so never gets used).

If you're dedicating it to,pressure fermenting lagers, have you considered the fermentasurus? Similar price and, afaik, designed with that task in mind.
I'd buy a Fermentasaurus - in fact two - in a flash if KK had designed a system that could actually fuckin fit in a KK kegerator that they have sold thousands of and what a waste of a fkn business opportunity.
I've invested a grand and a half in three KK kegerators (via Ross) and don't intend to go out and spend on yet another fridge.

end rant

I was looking at the MJ kegs too some time ago.
MJ offers one year warranty (I have this in writing) on their kegs, whereas KK is five (I think?).

I'd buy a Fermentasaurus - in fact two - in a flash if KK had designed a system that could actually fuckin fit in a KK kegerator that they have sold thousands of and what a waste of a fkn business opportunity.
I've invested a grand and a half in three KK kegerators (via Ross) and don't intend to go out and spend on yet another fridge.

end rant

Is a 50 litre kegmenter an option for your kegerators or just to big to handle/clean?

Brewmart in WA have them, $289. Need to contact re delivery but when I bought my 12l kegs, delivery to SA was very reasonable.

KK out of stock.
They've had a few popular items out of stock for some time. This maybe part of the problems they've faced with the changing of the guard, however it may continue if the china based Q&A team were not part of the Kegking bussiness, but another of Kee's separate businesses, it could take new management time to get on top of. The website flop, was a big big miss. Who knows? I suppose well find out over the next 6 months.

end rant
You can fit them! I've modified two Kegerators myself. Box Tops :p
I'm happy with them, might be selling one if anyone's interested? Don't have time for double batches anymore.

Attachments

• modified-s4s.png
    modified-s4s.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 81
I have found with the chinese kegs that its the posts themselves that cause me issues with disconnects etc... i have now replaced all disconnects with CMB, and have AEB posts on all my kegs, very happy with the setup.

Back