• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Neeed: Crown Seal Long Necks

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattzilla

Reaction score
I had to resort to stubbies last night when bottling a brew and it sucked so i'm looking for some long neck crownies for my next brew (or 2)

If you have any unwanted longies please let me know and i'll come pick them up

Happy to pay for them and also happy to take some freebies :icon_cheers:

Happy to travel around Sydney

thanks
Matt
0422 966 020

I have a few hundred here but its a bit of a trip for you.. I'm in north Brissie..

Cheers

Mate,

I have four crates (abpout 55) twist top CUB style long necks I dont want.

Not exactly what you want but..

I find i get a better seal with crown seals...

I'll let you know if i get stuck before i bottle my next brew

thanks

I find i get a better seal with crown seals...

I'll let you know if i get stuck before i bottle my next brew

thanks

Go to your local pub/club and see if they'll give you some empty champagne bottles. They will have a s#$t load after last night.

A wide capping bell is only about $5 from your LHBS and matching crown seals aren't much more expensive.

:icon_cheers:

champagne bottle will do the job but the bottles are slightly bigger/thicker and will take up too much room.... i'm space poor at the moment cause i'm pumping out a bunch of brews before it gets too hot

i used to work in a club and i know how ferral the bottle bins can be at the end of the night.... empty bottles are full of gunk and broken glass.... if you do get some please be careful when cleaning them

cheers
matt

I'm a bit shocked that Coopers dont release home brew longneck bottles (or just the normal talls, sans contents). They should make em cheap, stock then with the plastic ones. Or do they already and have gone past me?

We used to / somes times still do, collect coopers longnecks from customers who drop them back in. We give them away to homebrewers, usually a few dozen would be around.

Waste day used to be where i would get mine from. Ride around on the bike, and pick them up. Found it hard to impossible to not get what was needed quickly from the glass/plastic bins.

Thanks VERY much Ploto for giving me so many bottles.... very generous of you mate.

Still looking for more bottles if anyone has some spares or some they are selling

thanks

matt

Back