Need More Beer!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Know right? It's harvest time at bushy park and gunns plains now so I might see if he can get me some.

Sorry, I just reread my post (sober) & realised I worded it quite poorly. My problem is that I'm looking to do 46L batches in my fridge once I get it here. The tap on the fermenter will be too low to be able to get another 60L fermenter under it for bulk priming & I don't feel that I can lift 46L of beer to a suitable height to get another 60L fermenter under it without aerating the beer. I'm not sure if this post makes any more sense, I've got a mental picture of my problem, I'm just struggling to get it worded right.

There's no law that says you have to prime the entire 46 litres in one vessel, or at one time.

I often squeeze 28 to 29.9 litres into my 30 litre fermenter, but my priming bucket is only 24 litres,
so I simply tap out 15 litres, prime with correct amount and bottle, then repeat. Makes life easier
if you divide the batch up evenly, either in half or thirds,
to make the dividing of the priming sugar easy.

If you can get a 20 or 25 litre bucket under your tap just use that twice or three times.
I assume tou have a pre-used 25 litre fermenter, use that!

A friend at Wesley vale has a 120L fermenter... and a 60 as well as two 24l's

he brews something like 1600-2000 longnecks in one go....but then there's a bit of drinking goes on out at the farm

As for the old bloke.......well some of the utter shight people think is good home brew your doing it more or less the same as everyone i know :)

ps Moo brew wheat beer is only dish water has to be the worst wheat beer you want nice try Weihenstephaner!

Sorry, I just reread my post (sober) & realised I worded it quite poorly. My problem is that I'm looking to do 46L batches in my fridge once I get it here. The tap on the fermenter will be too low to be able to get another 60L fermenter under it for bulk priming & I don't feel that I can lift 46L of beer to a suitable height to get another 60L fermenter under it without aerating the beer. I'm not sure if this post makes any more sense, I've got a mental picture of my problem, I'm just struggling to get it worded right.

Depending on available height, i.e. if you can get the 46L up to a reasonable height without developing a hernia, grab a couple of 25 L fermenters from Bunnings (they are sold as water carriers but are basically the same thing as a fermenter for half the cost - under $20 each IIRC) - You can get taps for two bucks, and do a double bulk prime. Far easier to handle.

Hehehe some of its even nice......

I dont drink that much so i only do a 23L ever two months or so

Oh yes i stay away from there bottling day......RSI from just the priming

Yeah I'm not looking forward to bottling day here when I do my 90L batch...

I might rack half the wheat beer onto a few kilos of raspberries. I was thinking 1kilo\10Liters? Sounds good yeah?

Latest posts

Back