Need info from someone with a ring burner on stand?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inconceivable

Reaction score
Hi all

I was hoping someone who has the setup I've got could answer this question please: How much of a gap between the top of the ring burner fins (or whatever you want to call the highest part when burner is horizontal) and the bottom of the horizontal blades of the mounting stand that the brew kettle sits on?

Ideally if someone has this setup can take a photo of theirs from dead level (instead of the higher angle you can see in the photos below) I can see the alignment?

What I'm talking about is I've bought one of these (see below) second hand. It has everything (burner & stand) but no the wretched brackets that hold the burner in the stand

ring burner.png

See in next picture the brackets I'm missing
ring burner brackets.png

So anyhow if someone who has an identical setup with the proper brackets could please get me a photo of theirs, or a good answer I can custom build the brackets to mount my burner into the stand at the right height. I reckon a photo from 0 degrees of the stand body would help me see how far below the stand the burner hangs.....

cheers
Nick

You want it to be as close as possible to the base of the kettle, so level with those horizontal blades would be good. I think the burners are designed so you can sit a pot on them with no stand at all.
When I made my stand that's what I went with and it works perfectly.

Thanks to all for the quick response. That third photo from Droid is a clincher now i know what to do.
Great stuff thanks
Got a 4 ring burner and stand for $70 now if i can get the brackets I'll be laughing

Back