Need Help/guidance Drilling Tap Holes In Fridge.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So how did you make the holes for the taps? What was your solution?

Thanks Acasta that helps alot i' m sold. Just the gas split to sort now the one from craft brewer looks the go. It's a 4 way under 100 bucks. Shall get when I get the rest of my set up from there. The disconnects and taps from farmhouse and I'm done. Happy days.
I ended up going with these: http://www.mybeershop.com.au/index.php?mai...57565375e744c05, and a check valvve of the same style, they all gang up, so if you want to expand later, its easy.

So how did you make the holes for the taps? What was your solution?
Sorry, I did end up going with the small holes drilling technique. Took a bit longer then a hole saw would have, but i guess I just didn't have the best tools for the job. When i take more pics of the complete setup, Ill grab a close up of behind the tap, so you can see the shit job haha. Thanks to the black cover though, it looks really neat now.

Now to stick on all my bottle caps and crap...

Hard to translate to english, but basically it means when you are drinking with your best mates,(or friends met while drinking) a thousand drinks is never enough.

Not far from the truth

Livers may disagree :icon_cheers:

G'day Mate . as some one who works with metal [sheet ,bar/rod etc] as a fabricator working from home, the best thing to use to cut a very neat hole through sheet metal is a STEP DRILL. It is sold in good machinery shops ,Mitre 10, The Big Green Shed , Gasworld places like that or on the internet. They will drill a hole up to 30mm wide in a series of steps up the drill bit. One drill bit will usually start at the tip with a 6 mm starter and go up in 2mm increments along the bit till it reaches 30mm. It fits into any electric hand drill or drill press & is so easy to use. It will drill a neat round hole with no grabbing or tearing of the hole and removes small chips of swarf as it sinks deeper into the hole it is making. You can stop the drill bit at any depth. So look on the internet for a STEP DRILL and see what they look like. They are also good for wood, Alluminium, brass,copper, stainless [very very slow with this metal as it work hardens and will chew the cutting edge in seconds,leaving a dull bit],plastic/perspex, acrylic sheet & steel up to 3mm thick. They usually cost about 20 bbbbbbbbucks, but should last a long time if used slowly when cutting stainless steel. Hope this helps. step drills are the only drill to use with thin sheet metal. John. OFB.

Well, all done! Hose arrived today and i connected it all up. Discovered one of the splitters is stuffed, so I has to email about a replacement.
Here are the pics, Ill also add them to the kegging setups page.
Thanks for the help guys, I hope this can also help someone in the future.

IMAG0091.jpg IMAG0090.jpg

And how could I forget my first poured pint?

View attachment 47277

Fridge setup looks pretty good mate, but I usually ditch the first poured pint because it tends to suck the sediment up from around the dip tube first.. Good head though.. cheers.. :icon_chickcheers:

PS I know it won't hurt to drink it, just the mrs gets a tad cranky through the night from the lager bombs it makes you drop.. LOL

LOL nice one, cheers. The beer has cleared up alot now, but lost that head... I think its because I was serving it without the gas on and leaving it off when not in use. Just paranoid that i might have/get a leak.

Latest posts

Back