Need A Couple Of New Fermenters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a fermenter barrel from bunnings works good and fits in my camping fridge
but stinks a bit when new plastic smell

Hey Komodo

The brew shop in frankston is about five shops down from the grand hotel
cheers
bjay

I don't get this thread.

If you spent $40 on your fermenter with all accessories, then what are you trying to save?

I have used 6 fermenters over 10 years. Let's say you saved $15 per fermenter, that would be max, per fermenter over that time. Which is 6 x $15 = $90. Hey that is $9 / year saving. Then add your running around / time / potential failures.

I don't need any accessories with it. I have a bunch of taps etc. A food safe plastic container is just that - a food safe plastic container. It won't 'fail' etc. Bunnings is sub 10mins away, my LHBS is 30mins+ away. Add that up, that's one hour @ $65 per hour, plus an extra $15. So $70 or so more...

If I said to you that I could get 5 free liquid yeasts when I replace my broken fermenter, would you be happy with that? Hope that helps.

Cheers - Mike

Hey if bunnings is next door why not?

If your talking convenience within a price range, I would take the most convenient approach as well within reason. That's not how the thread read, it seemed to be very price focussed, but happy to hear otherwise.

And no I don't need 5 free yeasts, I dont expect anything for free.

Fear_N_Loath

I don't need any accessories with it. I have a bunch of taps etc. A food safe plastic container is just that - a food safe plastic container. It won't 'fail' etc. Bunnings is sub 10mins away, my LHBS is 30mins+ away. Add that up, that's one hour @ $65 per hour, plus an extra $15. So $70 or so more...

If I said to you that I could get 5 free liquid yeasts when I replace my broken fermenter, would you be happy with that? Hope that helps.

Cheers - Mike
Wish I could get $65 per hr driving to the LHBS

So you want something local, cheap and convenient?

Have you tried the council clean up?

i noticed in a mail out from *cough*brewcraft*cough* that they have a special on fermenters at the moment:

$30 fermenter pack

hth
j

Only in SA buy the look of that, I can't see any specials in Queensland. Craftbrewer would match that price I'm sure...perhaps beat it by 10%. ;)

Batz

Back