• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Nasa V Mongolian

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the reply Altstart, that's the type of expensive mistake i'm trying to avoid.

what is the power of a four ring burner like compared to a nasa burner?

i think the 3 ring puts out about 70 BTU and a NASA is around 140 BTU.

I use a NASA for my HLT and a 3 ring for my boiler. The NASA does heat pretty fast.

It came with the stand, from Gaganis on South Road. I don't know what it's BTU r ating is but a quick search for 4-ring burners has yielded ratings of 70,000-110,000 BTUs

Here's a camera-phone photo of what mine looks like at full power on a still night, with a 60L pot sitting on it.

burner_flame.jpg

Here's a pic of my burner in action, a little abstract, but oh well-

IMGP0009__Small_.JPG

I've got to say that I really love my nasa burner. It is a little loud, but I like it because it's the sound of a great burner going flat knackers; fantastic.

I ended up buying a "NASA" burner from Rays outdoors. Boy was I disappointed with it. The regulator that comes with it is only a standard outdoor patio heater type regulator, that would more accurately be called a "mid" pressure regulator. I ended up buying a variable 0-60 psi regulator. All I can say is, the burner is now a completely different beast.... almost scary. If you intend on buying a "NASA" burner, just be very wary of the regulator that comes with it.

Cheers :)

I ended up buying a "NASA" burner from Rays outdoors. Boy was I disappointed with it. The regulator that comes with it is only a standard outdoor patio heater type regulator, that would more accurately be called a "mid" pressure regulator. I ended up buying a variable 0-60 psi regulator. All I can say is, the burner is now a completely different beast.... almost scary. If you intend on buying a "NASA" burner, just be very wary of the regulator that comes with it.

Cheers :)

Dont' burn your eye brows off!

vl.

Latest posts

Back