N00b Fridge Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barfridge

Small fridge, powerful thirst
Reaction score
Ok, just a quick one. I have a standard fridge/freezer combo, and I want to add a temperature controller for the fridge part. My question is will the temperature in the freezer section be affected?

ie. Does the freezer have a seperate thermostat?

Basically, all a temp controller does is switch your fridge on and off to maintain a set temperature in the fridge compartment (assuming your probe is in there). The freezer will continue to work as normal, while the fridge has power on.

I have my fridge temp controlled to 5 degrees at the moment and I put a glass of water in the freezer to see how it was affected. The glass has remained frozen for the few weeks it's been running.

The freezer is certainly affected by the temp controller, but you would need to measure temps (in the freezer) to get a handle on how big the fluctuations are.

Cheers bugwan. I'm worried about what will happen if I have the temp controller at 20 for an ale, or even higher for a fruity Belgian (say 25 degreees).

Back