Mykegsonlegs swap & go

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superstock

Reaction score
Went down to my local Brewers Choice for a swap & go for my 6.8kg cylinder and was told that because I had not bought the cylinder from them & I wasn't on their database they would only refill, not swap & go. That meant it had to be sent to another branch and would be 2-3 days turnaround. Bugger!
Is this normal for Mykegsonlegs outlets?

superstock said:
Went down to my local Brewers Choice for a swap & go for my 6.8kg cylinder and was told that because I had not bought the cylinder from them & I wasn't on their database they would only refill, not swap & go. That meant it had to be sent to another branch and would be 2-3 days turnaround. Bugger!
Only the bitchy ones, and I hear there are a few out there.
My lhbs was happy refill any bottle, but rarely had a swapover unit, not that I have a problem with waiting for a refill, and bit of a natter about beer while I'm waiting.

nope i ring up check theres one there. turn up dump/grab and go. never had a problem with ether of my bottles

superstock said:
Nope just Brewers Choice, it's their company policy as the owner has told me himself. Barring the helpful bloke at Wacol I've had very ordinary experiences dealing with BC and would not recommend them (especially the Chapel Hill bloke - everything seems like too much trouble!).

Craftbrewer is out of the way for me but I'll drive the extra half hour to swap and go there, Ross & crew are more than happy to swap... I just wish they were open on Sundays or even just later on Saturdays - I bet that with the new Bacchus bar they'd get plenty more homebrewer business if they traded longer!

fdsaasdf said:
Nope just Brewers Choice, it's their company policy as the owner has told me himself. Barring the helpful bloke at Wacol I've had very ordinary experiences dealing with BC and would not recommend them (especially the Chapel Hill bloke - everything seems like too much trouble!).

Craftbrewer is out of the way for me but I'll drive the extra half hour to swap and go there, Ross & crew are more than happy to swap... I just wish they were open on Sundays or even just later on Saturdays - I bet that with the new Bacchus bar they'd get plenty more homebrewer business if they traded longer!
We are closed on Sunday's but you are able to purchase for pick up from the bar anytime it's open. Just put a note ion the comments box at check out. All orders need to be paid for before pick-up though, as it's a separate business.

Ross said:
We are closed on Sunday's but you are able to purchase for pick up from the bar anytime it's open. Just put a note ion the comments box at check out. All orders need to be paid for before pick-up though, as it's a separate business.
Ross, I've had a rubbish week in the office but you've just made my week! Cheers!!

fdsaasdf said:
Ross, I've had a rubbish week in the office but you've just made my week! Cheers!!
Where are you situated Ross? I've also dumped BC. Have been buying from Ipswich Brew. I'm happy, but like to keep my options open.

[SIZE=small]Brewery: Unit 1, 2 Christine Place, Capalaba. Qld 4157.
CraftBrewer & Pubshop: Unit 2, 4 Christine Place Capalaba. Qld 4157.[/SIZE]

Back