My Wife Hates Me! Because....

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man i didnt realise how lucky i had it by the sounds of it my misses cant get enough of it more, more, more she says.... here's to home brew :kooi:

SWMBO still gets the kitchen and Brewery confused... I seem to be telling her all the time it's ONLY a kitchen when food is involved, if we break up the time, between Yeast farming/washing, cleaning bottles, prep work etc etc.. its far more a brewery than a kitchen... + all the drawers Ive taken over for Dex and Dme and Grains etc... ;)

still having trouble getting the idea over that I NEED a second fridge too.. :rolleyes:

:p

I've got permission for my 3rd :)

(#1 4 Keg Keg Fridge + Freezer, #2 400L Fermentation Chamber, #3 400L Lager/Cold Storage)

I bought SWMBO an oztops set for christmas last year, she loved it

Now I make sure I keep a keg of cider on tap!

(and I'm helping her with her Country Wines now!)

+1 to the "A keg is only $70 and no more bottles" followed by $500 on kegs, regs, gas, taps, fridges etc... :)

I'm lucky to have an AG-certified-friendly SWMBO. My only issues have come when pushing for the third fridge and sometimes trying to juggle kids/brewday time.

The clincher for me was my very eloquent argument that if she wanted me to have Cider on tap, I should have a Dark and Light, Cider and a Soda, that's 4 taps, which means 4 serving kegs, and as I can only fit four kegs in the keg fridge... I'm going to need another fridge to carbonate and cold store the kegs to keep the supply up...

"And yes, you can use the top half of the fridge at christmas time for food".

"I'll get it cheap off ebay"

my wife rocks, understands all my brewing needs

Great thread lads!

I live in a tiny 3x8m cabin and when my SWMBO comes down for the weekend, she always complains about the bubbling of the airlocks on the fermenters, and flames at me in the morning because she couldn't sleep with the 'bloooop, blooop, blooooooop' going all night.

To be honest I've become so comforted by the noise that I struggle to sleep without it. There's something very reassuring about knowing your baby is still breathing ;)

Maybe one day i'll give the SWMBO a break and use glad-wrap lids :D

Lol I have the same problem, I take out the airlock at night and put a sanitized coke cap over the hole.

Mate, SWMBO loves it when I take over the kitchen and bathroom. Everything is wiped down with iodophor and everything I touch is sterilised like surgical implements...it looks like a liquid bomb has gone off while the action is happening and she stays away during the action stage, but when I leave the kitchen there is not a germ or bug that could live there, same for the bath after I clean and sanitise my fermenters.
And she loves a cold ale on tap! :lol:

"And yes, you can use the top half of the fridge at christmas time for food".
"I'll get it cheap off ebay"

LOL. Those must be "universal truths" of brewing, have used them both myself!

Cider is a good one, but it'd need to be Scrumpy style and/or a Pear cider to get full mileage for me.

LOL. Those must be "universal truths" of brewing, have used them both myself!

:)

Cider is a good one, but it'd need to be Scrumpy style and/or a Pear cider to get full mileage for me.

Just mix it up a bit :)

Dry, Sweet, Pear/Apple, Scrumpy, Pink Lady, Granny Smith, high temp, low temp, honey? malt?

lol my wife rues the day she brought me that coopers brewing kit for xmas, at first she thought it was cool, then when the spare room turned in to a brewery as did the kitchen, more money was spent, more gear was aquired, then biab came along, she hates the smell of boiling hops (actually made her vomit once) and now she makes me do the boil out on the patio on the bbq. she want me to get rid of the bottles, so i have been convincing her that i need to set up a kegerator, the next battle over homebrew begins...

Thought there would be a few laughs out of this one(thread)I'm sure we've all had a few !?uck ups over the years-At least when I got home from work today my wife told me how she washed the floor,walls,ceiling'etc ,she still handed me a cold one-unreal---apparently I have to figure out how to get ldme stains out of aircon vents though!-any advice?

Back