My recipe is going commercial

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds cool, I am on mobile so can't see but are you in Sydney? We have a small group of homebrewers if you wanted some good tasters or otherwise just send a case to me and I will pretend to be 24 different people!

Way to go hope it goes well
will there be isues going from a small batch to commercial quantities?

Thanks again all.
Yes pat I'm in Sydney.
Kev, I have worried about this.
I have to trust the brewer to scale it up and just see how it goes. I'm thinking with proper fermenting controls vs my old freezer with a heat pad in a plastic fermenter and with filtration it will be better than I can brew it.

Congrats tugger, my hand is up to be your Melbourne-correspondent taster-extraordinaire ;-)

So the beers been Brewed, the fermentation is finished, it's cold crashing at the moment.
I added the dry hops on Friday centennial simcoe 20kg and 5.
It's tasting pretty good, with any luck it will be ready to filter off to a bright tank next week.
I'm so excited, I have been taking daily samples and it seems to be spot on what I wanted.
I'm planning to get it into cans before the Christmas break. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1449637115.814438.jpg

That is outstanding! Would love to be able to do something like this but asking around Adelaide and none of the small breweries have capacity. Can it be profitable to run small batch brews on contracted equipment?

It's not easy to make a dollar these days but it can be done.
We are lucky in that we can do small batches as we own the plant.
We wouldn't normally do 2 hour runs of a product, just getting it out there and seeing how it sells.

Sounds like an amazing opportunity mate, congratulations

Now, I'm going to address the large grey mammal in the room and ask...

When are we going to get a 'clone' recipe? ;)

It's Munich caramunich and wheat over a 50 50 pale Pilsner base.
30 ibu flavoured with centennial simcoe.
3.5%abv.
For a mid strength beer it has a lot of flavour.

Things didn't turn out too well. The guys doing the branding screwed up and the entire batch had to be destroyed.
Mk2 is in the planning phase now.

Sorry to hear that, Id like to know more tugger if you can share with us what happened? What was the issue?

The beer was awesome, the problem was the branding.
A large company owns the brand name but dosnt use it for beer.
I don't know how they got it so wrong but did.
It was all packed wrapped and stacked ready to ship.
I'm sure a lot more care will be taken next time.
Things are going well for us in general, we are picking up new customers as the word gets out.
We also lost a few but swings and roundabouts we are still running.

Sent through the can crusher for recycling.
The man is pretty tight on un taxed beer.

Latest posts

Back