My recipe is going commercial

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tugger

Reaction score
So I work for a small contract packaging company in Sydney and was approached by the marketing people to develop a new beer for them to release.

So I made a few batches for them to sample and they agreed on a recipe of my design.
It will be brewed late this week for the first run of cans in a few weeks.
To say I'm stoked is a bit of an understatement.
I will have some pics up in a few days showing the can artwork and the branding with some descriptions of flavours.
It's a bit hush hush at the moment but I will keep you all posted as to how it's going.

It will be brewed in house by Bruce peachy.

tugger said:
It's a bit hush hush at the moment but I will keep you all posted as to how it's going.
You realise you just told half of the aussie home brewers on a public forum right?

Well done, I hope it turns out a winner.

Hence the brand name and style wasn't included.
Thanks danestead.
As we get closer to release I will be able to give some more info.
I was talking to the boss today about it, he thinks it would be a good idea to get some ahb members to have a look around and a pre release taste test.

id be keen. haven't seen bruce in a while

Fantastic news and really well done. I'm so incredibly jealous. Of course, I'm assuming your forum name is not a hint as to the recipe ingredients! -_-

SNAP!

One of my recipes is going commercial, too.
Being brewed by 4 Pines (and me ) this Thursday.

tugger said:
Hence the brand name and style wasn't included.
Thanks danestead.
As we get closer to release I will be able to give some more info.
I was talking to the boss today about it, he thinks it would be a good idea to get some ahb members to have a look around and a pre release taste test.
Will you guys be posting samples to Perth?

Strictly to see how the product holds up with the journey across the Nullabor. :p

jyo said:
Will you guys be posting samples to Perth?

Strictly to see how the product holds up with the journey across the Nullabor. :p
That's a fantastic stability test idea jyo and I think the pre release taste test wording would indicate a yes to posting us samples. If jyo's going for the road and rail sample I'll step up for the air express route and let you know if high altitude might be a concern. I'll PM you my details later :beer:

We will be only doing a small run at first.
This is going to be our first house brand.

I suppose this explains that late night call to you yob hunting for 10kg bags of hops.

Back