My New 3-tier Brew Stand

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keifer

Reaction score
So this is almost finished now, gonna get a locking device fitted to the ground and im gonna push it side-on against the steps and bolt them on to there when i use it as well. The HLT will be hard up against the steps for easy filling/measuring.
2 things i did wrong (apart from all my welds lol) i made the HLT 6inches too high which is not a big drama, and my vase which was level half way through, ended up warped :( so i had to even it up with small bits of tubing.
I gave it a quick run to clean my copper manifold in the boiler with white vinegar and water, and my thermometer glass blew out! I should have had more water in there i think :(
After i give it a few goes and see if it needs any changes, i'll clean it up with the grinder and put some rust proof paint on.
You can't see, but under the HLT and Boiler are extra supports so it's just not sitting on a square.

brewstand_0947.jpg

Ahh yeah i forgot to put the burner on for the pic, it's a NASA one which bolts on the cross support under the boiler :) and i got a 2400w element with a mashmaster temp controller for the HLT. I should put all the bits in place and take another pic i think..

no worries ;)

are those thermos the ones that Ross carries ? any sealing probs ?

cheers

Yard

The one for the esky is the new weldless type from brissy brew, awesome thermometer, easy to install and no leaks :)
The Boiler one is the older type, i welded a half inch socket on.

Yardy , what kind of burner is that you have pictured in your blog site???

looks very industrial and hot for that matter....

Apprentice Brewer good job on the brew stand , a little high for my liking but whatever suits your needs and the beauty of it is if its not quite right , you cut and reweld till you get it just right ....

you cut and reweld till you get it just right ....

yeah i could... but im kinda sick of cutting and welding at the moment :(
i might later on because it wouldn't be too hard to do.

Latest posts

Back