My Journey so far thanks to AHB

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I remember correctly, CUB water down after ferment on some beers. I have done it and it works. Will try and find the thread and add the link.

Cheers

bradsbrew said:
If I remember correctly, CUB water down after ferment on some beers. I have done it and it works. Will try and find the thread and add the link.

Cheers
Id say they water down all of their beers-with camels piss.

Found the thread, here is the post. Wow 3.5 years ago, my memory isn't as bad as I thought. And here is a link to the thread.

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/40747-crown-lager-clone/

Thirsty Boy said:
Dr K is on the money - dilute after ferment, aim for a dilution ratio of about 1.3, so just a little less than K suggested. For Crown, bitter with POR at the start of boil only, 20ish IBUs

Use BB malt, galaxy would be a fine choice. But - the genuine article is brewed with about 20% of its fermentables from cane sugar. If you go all malt, the beer is almost bound to be overly malty for a crown lager.

For a quite authentic "Carlton" flavour profile, I have used Wyeast 2124 at higher temperatures and had it work. Pitch at something nice and normal for a lager, say 11 degrees or so, hold it there till its been actively fermenting for about a day, then let it free rise up to 17-18�C and hold it there till its done.

It might be too much of a pain for you.. but if you can, de-aerate your dilution water. Boil it, transfer it into a corny keg still boiling hot and purge teh keg with co2. Let it cool in an oxygen free environment, fizz it up a little when its cool and it will help to keep it oxygen free during transfers. This will both sanitise your dilution water and stop it from introducing oxygen to your brew, which will help the shelf life a lot.

If was looking for Crown Lager (and God help me if I ever am) thats what I would do

Thirsty

bradsbrew said:

Cheers
Cheers

Congrats mate on the journey so far. Have a look at the case swap thread and if you're free come along for a great day. You won't bore any of us talking about beer.

thanks again guys, ill do that, ill boil another 6lt, put it in the keg, purge it then add wort.

i should of just added water to the boil but being my first biab i didnt know i could. Thats the great part about learning as you go for next time!

also i want to connect my second keg now. i have 2 taps on my fridge. I have T line splitter thing. Do i just cut my existing beer line and add it in then reconnect it all again?
and when force carbing my second keg just disconnect the first keg that is already gassed and being used?

Just checking, but you are talking about splitting your gas in, right?

Yes, you can insert the T-piece in between 2 gas disconnects, then just disconnect them when you want to force carb a new keg.

I think Randy Mosher recommends experimenting with dilution after primary fermentation in Radical Brewing. The reason being the yeast will get more stressed whilst fermenting a high OG wort and create more esters than you would get while fermenting a wort of a lesser OG.

Latest posts

Back