My Fg Not Moving

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigo

Reaction score
my fg is not moving but i think its still a bit to high to be finished fermenting its at 1019 and is been down for 8 days now i used a muntons blonde larger kit and the kit yeast and added a malt extract dosent look like much is happening have i done something wrong or is it still goin?

seems a bit high for a blond, how much dex and how much malt ?

Give it a gentle "swirl" it might wake the yeasties up.

seems a bit high for a blond, how much dex and how much malt ?

Give it a gentle "swirl" it might wake the yeasties up.

i used a 1.5kg kit can and a 1.5 kg liquid malt extract and i also added one off those hops in a tea bag looking thing. it was a recipe that the owner off the brew shop gave me but i dont think he knows what he is doing. im only just beginning so i dont realy no what im doing.

Is 1019 the measurement with a hydrometer or a refractometer? If its a hydrometer then i have no advice i'm afraid other than swirl it and hope. If it's a refractometer i'd say you've probably not corrected for the change in optical density that the alcohol makes (basically refractometer FG always appear quite high due to ethanol in the solution).

Is 1019 the measurement with a hydrometer or a refractometer? If its a hydrometer then i have no advice i'm afraid other than swirl it and hope. If it's a refractometer i'd say you've probably not corrected for the change in optical density that the alcohol makes (basically refractometer FG always appear quite high due to ethanol in the solution).

it was with a hydrometer. So does that mean my brew is no good now? Should i wait and see what happens and bottle it or should i unforunatly turf it?

it was with a hydrometer. So does that mean my brew is no good now? Should i wait and see what happens and bottle it or should i unforunatly turf it?

don't turf, give it a swirl, I think malt extract is not as fermentable as dex, some one else can jump in here, what was the starting gravity.

But if it doesn't move for a couple more days, after a gentle swirl, bottle it and see what it tastes like.

good luck
Matt

don't turf, give it a swirl, I think malt extract is not as fermentable as dex, some one else can jump in here, what was the starting gravity.

But if it doesn't move for a couple more days, after a gentle swirl, bottle it and see what it tastes like.

good luck
Matt

thanks to everyone that gave me advice you have all been very helpful. Il do what you suggested and give it a few days and test it again if there is no change ill bottle it thanx again.

Latest posts

Back