My Balls Are Lopsided! Have A Look

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henno

Beermologist
Reaction score
I left my hydrometer out in the sun one drunken Sunday afternoon and this was the result. It seems the wax on my balls has melted and now they are all up against one side!

It still seems to work ok but sits a bit skewiff in the tube when I am testing. Has this happened to anybody else before? This is my last remaining hydrometer after I broke all my long ones on drunken Sunday afternoons.

hydro.jpg

hydro2.jpg

I left my hydrometer out in the sun one drunken Sunday afternoon and this was the result. It seems the wax on my balls has melted and now they are all up against one side!

It still seems to work ok but sits a bit skewiff in the tube when I am testing. Has this happened to anybody else before? This is my last remaining hydrometer after I broke all my long ones on drunken Sunday afternoons.

And shame on you all for looking...

just hit it with a hair dryer (aka heat gun) or something while holding upright to fix it.. in case you hadnt thought of that yet :)

Careful not to apply too much heat. Expansion in the tube will cause it to crack.

cheers

Darren

Just get drunk thus sunday and it should go back to normal

You'll need to drink while standing on your head to reverse the effect though. :lol:

mate, i think its a genetic thing. mine have been lopsided all my life. just learn to deal with it. you can still lead a happy and fulfilling life.

what was that thing in the photos?

Lobby

mate, i think its a genetic thing. mine have been lopsided all my life. just learn to deal with it. you can still lead a happy and fulfilling life.

what was that thing in the photos?

Lobby

It's a close up of a thingy :lol:

You could always just do nothing and leave it as it is. It'll work just the same and you know, if you fix it, you'll no longer have a 'you won't believe what happened to my saccharometer when I got pissed in the sun!' story. I reckon Rudd would wet himself for one of those.

actually, if we're being anatomically correct, all of our balls are lopsided - one always hangs higher than the other. It's an evolutionary thing that stops them from bashing together when we walk.

I wish I was taking the piss, but I'm not. No, I don't remember how I know this, and will not provide references.

lol i like that comment...
but yeah if you can hit it with a "heat gun" do so and hope fullly it will returen to normal, if not im sorry but its time for some new "balls"

Parafin Wax melts at about 80 degrees, so I would drop it into some boiling water for a while and see if that works first...

Andy

Throw it away and buy a refractometer.

So long as it floats upright it should still be accurate. If you are really worried though then just put it in the sun, turn it over and get drunk again.

Reverse the process by which you got it out of whack, by putting it upright in the sun.
And make sure you enjoy a few beers while it's happening.

Latest posts

Back