Muntons Bock (Conoisseur Range)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickh

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just after a bit of feedback having managed to get hold of a can of the above.

I am going to put in 1.5kg of fermentables (DME) rather than just 1kg, so that it has a decent final abv. Do you think the yeast provided with the can will be able to handle this or should I use a different yeast?

I'm also going to dry hop using 15g of hallertau and ferment at 18degrees. Not sure how true to style this is so again happy for feedback.

Thanks all in advance.

I would skip the dry hop, nobles are not particularly suited for that.

Never hurts to replace a kit yeast if only so you know yours has been treated better, but I have no idea what yeast is supplied and how it's like.

Thanks Back on Track, much appreciated. Would it be a crime to pitch the yeast that came with it and, if it fails, go in again with my own stuff?

I can't remember what I have in the fridge but I think it is a Magrove Jacks Craft range High Flocculation and Attenuation yeast. Do you think that would be ok?

Muntons make great kits and the yeast they supply is also quite good.
I once got a brew comp prize for a Porter based on Muntons Nut Brown Ale
and I used the kit yeast for that. I have regularly had Muntons yeast properly ferment
brews around 6.5% abv. I think the kit yeast will be fine, but that's just my opinion.

You could do a short boil on those hops, maybe 5-10 min. Don't go overboard as
bock is supposed to be malty.

The trouble with waiting to see if a yeast works is the risk of infection in the meantime.
If in doubt better to use the local yeast. I'd be going wit a Saflager if it were me.

Latest posts

Back