Multi Keg Set Ups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Pope

Reaction score
I am currently building a kegerator and want to have 2 kegs on tap at anytime.
I have the kegs, 2x taps etc but what I need to know is once both kegs are carbonated, cooled and ready for consumption how do I get the gas supply to both kegs while in use?

I am pretty new to all of this so if you could link to pics of items needed and a brief description it would be much appreciated...

A T-peice connector from one of the sponsors is what you are probably looking for.

Craftbrewer Fittings - the T-piece is top of page on this list.

Thanks Raven.
So with a simple T-piece (as seen below), I can run 15psi pouring pressure to both kegs while using them yeah?
teebarb-ss.jpg

Just another question.
Do different beers have different pouring pressures or is 15psi usually it for all types?
Just wondering if I will have issues if I use a T -piece is all... (I mean on beers with different consistency)

So with a simple T-piece (as seen below), I can run 15psi pourign pressure to both kegs while using them yeah?

Yes this will work perfectly.

Just another question.
Do different beers have different pouring pressures or is 15psi usually it for all types?
Just wondering if I will have issues if I use a T -piece is all...

the pressure that you serve at will equalize with the keg...so in time the carbonation of the keg will become 15psi aswell. No matter the beer in the keg they will all do this .... if you drink all of your beers with the same carbonation then there is no issue...however if you want one carbonated higher/lower than the other than you will need a dual reg setup...but that will obviously cost more $$

Just wondering if I will have issues if I use a T -piece is all...

I just use a T-Piece mate its not "perfect" as different drinks do like different pressures but I usually run a cider and a beer, if you just ran two beers i think it would be fine (at a next to nothing price)

Another advantage I've found is that I can evenly force carbonate two kegs at once from one gas bottle

I just use a T-Piece mate its not "perfect" as different drinks do like different pressures but I usually run a cider and a beer, if you just ran two beers i think it would be fine (at a next to nothing price)

Another advantage I've found is that I can evenly force carbonate two kegs at once from one gas bottle

I forgot to mention, if you have more pressure in one keg than the other (considerably more) the beer from the highly carbonated keg may run up through line into the least carbonated keg.

You can simply avoid this by bleeding the more carbonated keg

Thanks guys much appreciated.
Now that I get a mental visual of it I can see how it works.

I forgot to mention, if you have more pressure in one keg than the other (considerably more) the beer from the highly carbonated keg may run up through line into the least carbonated keg.

You can simply avoid this by bleeding the more carbonated keg
The judicious use of non return valves will solve this.
As a matter of fact I would recommend the use of at least one non return valve on the gas line from the regulator in every keg system.
Cheers
Nige

I am currently building a kegerator and want to have 2 kegs on tap at anytime.
I have the kegs, 2x taps etc but what I need to know is once both kegs are carbonated, cooled and ready for consumption how do I get the gas supply to both kegs while in use?

I am pretty new to all of this so if you could link to pics of items needed and a brief description it would be much appreciated...

Mate, you'll get a couple of beers out of each pressurised keg even without the gas attached to either keg. I get by with just one "gas in" on my two kegs with a bit of alternation of the gas in post between the two. Depends on how many beers are being poured in a session and how much stuffing around you are willing to take.

I just ordered the parts needed online.
I got 2x T-pieces and an extra liquid QD aswell.
Going to use that at the end of my gas line for force carbonating via the liquid port. (2 gas QD & 1 liquid QD off the regulator).

Does it matter if you use a brass T-piece?
There was the option for brass or stainless...

Does it matter if you use a brass T-piece?
There was the option for brass or stainless...

No problem with gas lines. Beer is slightly acidic and so you shouldn't use brass in serving equipment on the beer side.

Latest posts

Back