Multi Brewery Tours

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkeysers

Reaction score
Basically I was just curious. Everyone has heard of going on a winery tour where you jump on a bus and go around to 4 or 5 wineries in an afternoon. And we've all been a brewery tour whereby you just walk around one brewery for a couple of hours.

I have done winery tours of the Yarra and Swan Valleys, as well as the Margaret River, and really enjoyed them. The 2 tours I did in WA actually included a stop at a couple of boutique breweries on tour, which was a great way to mix things up. But yeah, is there any specific boutique brewey tours where one can go and see say 3 or 4 breweries and taste there wares in an afternoon? If there is, I wanna do one. If not, dibbs on that idea.

It's a good idea but I don't think that there's enough breweries in the one area to make it feasible.

I live on the Mornington Peninsula and they have winery tours in my area but that's because there's a winery on every second corner and most of them are rubbish, but there's only one brewery that I know of (Red Hill). :(

Probably more chance of setting up an AHB members brewery tour because there's heaps of them! :D

Yeah, I guess that was the only thing standing in the way, lack of breweries. I know there isn't a heap near me. I sorta figured if WA was anything to go by, where theres wineries, theres breweries. But if theres not much in the way of breweries on the Peninsula, I guess my only other shot is the Yarra Valley.

It's a good idea but I don't think that there's enough breweries in the one area to make it feasible.

There are in the South West and Swan Valley.

In the South West you could visit Bootleg, Brew 42, Bush Shack, Colonial, Cowaramup, Ocean Beach and Wildwood. Possibly even Blackwood Valley and Jarrah Jacks, but that might be pushing it for one day.

In the Swan Valley Region you could visit Duckstein, Elmar's, Feral, Ironbark and Mash.

Have talked with Ross about this very thing, reckon we need to hire a mini bus and do a two day tour of micros, could get around a few VIC micros in that time. A designated driver would be required each day, overnighting somewhere that has good beers on Sat night. Interstaters could fly in and pick up the bus Sat morning and fly out Sun night. Come on VIC brewers put something together. We'd organise one for Qld but you'd all be back home Sat night, only a few micros to visit.

There is a group that runs brewery tours in Melbourne/Yarra Valley. I can't recall the name at the moment but I'm certain it's been discussed on this site previously.

FazerPete - there's another brewery at the Pig & Whistle pub at Bayview Estate. Their marketing presence is up there with the world's great secret societies for some reason, but they are there. That said, Red Hill is definitely the best brewery on the Peninsula. ;)

FazerPete - there's another brewery at the Pig & Whistle pub at Bayview Estate. Their marketing presence is up there with the world's great secret societies for some reason, but they are there. That said, Red Hill is definitely the best brewery on the Peninsula. ;)
I live about 1 km down the road from the Pig & Whistle but I didn't include it because it's more a pub that sells it's own brew rather than a true brewery. Plus it's bloody expensive with the pints around $7-8 the last time I had one which is the same price he sells his imported Tetley's & Kilkennys for. I would have thought brewing your own stuff should be a dams sight cheaper than importing a keg from England. :blink:

Needless to say I hardly ever go down there.

I should have read the whole thread - Sorry, I wasn't trying to take someone elses idea.

Have talked with Ross about this very thing, reckon we need to hire a mini bus and do a two day tour of micros, could get around a few VIC micros in that time. A designated driver would be required each day, overnighting somewhere that has good beers on Sat night. Interstaters could fly in and pick up the bus Sat morning and fly out Sun night. Come on VIC brewers put something together. We'd organise one for Qld but you'd all be back home Sat night, only a few micros to visit.

Well count me in. That designated driver should surely score themselves a few bottles of all the other participants finest for their troubles. Queens birthday weekend would have been perfect for this. Bummer!

There is a group that runs brewery tours in Melbourne/Yarra Valley. I can't recall the name at the moment but I'm certain it's been discussed on this site previously.

i-like-chicken, here is the Brew tour link

Screwtop, Fly down Friday arvo.
Stay in heart of Melbourne http://www.whotif.com/
Friday night @ Mountain Goat brewery bar and a few pubs around the city until all hours. :party:
Saturday do the $90 buck brew tour up the Yarra Valley. :chug: or plan your own.
Saturday night (if you are still standing) you could catch up with some AHB Melbourne crew.
Do the regionals on the Sunday or fly home.

- Luke

Screwtop, Fly down Friday arvo.
Stay in heart of Melbourne http://www.whotif.com/
Friday night @ Mountain Goat brewery bar and a few pubs around the city until all hours. :party:
Saturday do the $90 buck brew tour up the Yarra Valley. :chug: or plan your own.
Saturday night (if you are still standing) you could catch up with some AHB Melbourne crew.
Do the regionals on the Sunday or fly home.

- Luke

Sounds like a plan Lukes, usually stay in Collins St. Are there many micro's to see in the Yarra Valley, have a mate out at Mooroolbark who might like to join us. Red Hill is a fav have been waylaid there before. Maybe some other QLD'ers would be interested, pretty sure Ross would be a starter.

Screwy

Sounds like a plan Lukes, usually stay in Collins St. Are there many micro's to see in the Yarra Valley, have a mate out at Mooroolbark who might like to join us. Red Hill is a fav have been waylaid there before. Maybe some other QLD'ers would be interested, pretty sure Ross would be a starter.

Screwy

I'm in B)

cheers Ross

Probably not the best to ask as I can't say I have been to any in the east but the tour site list is about 1/2 a doz.
I have been meaning to get into Mountain Goat on a Friday night for about a year...

Red Hill is a good trip but last time I picked up a case after a session and It got close to a $200 day.

Might be a bit cold maybe this time of year for you Northerners.

( I am picturing a micro owner seeing this bus pull up full of blokes dressed in scarfs, beanies, gloves, big jackets and coats wanting cold beer) :blink:

- Luke

Thanks Lukes. Thats what I was after. Although, if this AHB tour goes ahead, that sounds even better.

Might be a bit cold maybe this time of year for you Northerners.
My thoughts exactly. It's cold now, and she'll get worse before it gets better. Maybe a September/October trip would be the go. Although the Mrs is due to give birth mid September, not to mention footy finals. Not too sure how she would feel about me jumping on a brewery tour bus... :lol:

I'd be in for a tour. Im sure my missus can do without me for 1 day on the weekend. I could probably russle up a couple mates (who arent HBs) to come if we need numbers.

i'm always up for a weekend crawl

you might want to talk to some people over at pyssedas about the bus we got for the int. pub crawl the other week, seats 30 people at 35 a head, with a great whopping booze bus written along the side, the driver was a really good guy

-Phill

Hi VIC/Melbourne people,

I'm currently trying to organise a tour through scruffy bunch for July 28th. It'll be 3 Yarra Valley Microbreweries and the fourth is still to be decided. It will also include a 2 course lunch with a few beers.
Pickup will most likely be from Boronia in the SE suburbs, and very close to the Boronia train station for those coming from elsewhere and do not want to drive. Yeah, it is $99 per person, but its a full day, you get to see 4 microbreweries and you don't have to drive.

I'll post to this thread when I have all the detials.

BB

Hi VIC/Melbourne people,

I'm currently trying to organise a tour through scruffy bunch for July 28th. It'll be 3 Yarra Valley Microbreweries and the fourth is still to be decided. It will also include a 2 course lunch with a few beers.
Pickup will most likely be from Boronia in the SE suburbs, and very close to the Boronia train station for those coming from elsewhere and do not want to drive. Yeah, it is $99 per person, but its a full day, you get to see 4 microbreweries and you don't have to drive.

I'll post to this thread when I have all the detials.
BB

Count me in. Cheers on the note regarding pickup being close to the train station, as i'd prefer to train it up there from Melb.
reVox

Was going to post a new topic but found this thread so I thought I'd add this here.

I just came back from a week in Bright and surrounds where we went on a new tour from Alpine Valley Tours. We were on the very first tour. There was only 2 of us so we had great service. The breweries we visited: Bright Brewery (5 beers), Buffalo Brewery (5 beers), Bintara (4 beers), Bridge Road (9 beers!) and Boytons (3 beers).

It was a great day out. Tasted 25 or so beers, bought about 2 dozen beers. Some of the breweries (Buffalo for example) have scaled back or quit their distribution because their product wasn't being treated right so you can only get it cellar door or have it delivered.

Jamieson's was just a little too far to include in the tour (it started at 9am and finished at 5pm as it was). There are also 2 new breweries starting in the region - another in Beechworth and one in Mt Beauty.

Happy Touring.

Andrew

Latest posts

Back