Mt Brewery-now Open!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news. Will be visiting my brother at Tamborine Village more often (although he lives behind the bearded dragon so had 3 pints and got a MT Brewery shirt the other week.). Will be up on holidays for sure.
I've stopped in there a few times on the way up the mountain for a Moderation Pale Ale. Didn't know they had t-shirts though!

Heading up the mountain now, no answer on the phones so I hope they're open when we get there.

Hope they were open for ya. Hoping to head that way sometime in the next couple days.

they are open 10 till 4pm every day - well worth the visit.

cheers Ross

heading to brissy around easter under the guise of visiting relatives, looks like I'm going to be busy "sightseeing".

reading this thread is just getting me more and more interested

they are open 10 till 4pm every day - well worth the visit.

cheers Ross
Ten to Four seven days a week? Cool! Still hoping to make it this week as I'm off work until the 5th.
Trouble I'm having is I got the wife a kitten for Christmas and she doesn't want to leave for a long time. I was hoping to book a room nearby and hvae a proper go at the brew. We'll at least get there for a beer or two and some cheese.

Ten to Four seven days a week? Cool! Still hoping to make it this week as I'm off work until the 5th.
Trouble I'm having is I got the wife a kitten for Christmas and she doesn't want to leave for a long time. I was hoping to book a room nearby and hvae a proper go at the brew. We'll at least get there for a beer or two and some cheese.

Yes 7 days.... There is a lovely guest house right opposite the main gate :)

cheers Ross

I visited on the weekend. Definitely make the trek up the mountain, the beers are great and with 9 taps there's a good variety. Will get there again soon. I particularly liked the British style IPA and the Schwarzbier was tasty as well. Andre's doing great things up there.

Slightly off topic, has anyone stopped at Eagle Heights Brewery? It's a decent setup and the beers are really good. The guys were even kind enough to give me a cleanskin bottle of Imperial Stout, in which the sample was excellent. Looking forward to the Belgian Wit when it's ready for conditioning as well.

I'll be visiting in October!

LSL aproved, accomodation paid for, wife will drive home from Mt tambourine :lol:

can't wait!

I popped into the brewery today and had a good chat to Ian. Thanks for the hospitality, mate. It's a great setup and a good looking brewery... all shiny. I love how you can see it all from the tasting zone (Zone was my word... I though it sounded good. Having second thoughts). I picked up a T-shirt and glass and had a tasting tray. The Yippy IPA really appeals to my pallet at the moment, but every one of them was a great beer on its own. Throw a cheese platter into the mix and you have an absolute winner. I will definitely be back.

I'll be down there next monday. 1st anniversary. Where better to visit. :icon_cheers:

Well, my many-times aborted trip to the mountain is finally coming to be reality. Tomorrow the wife & I will be staying in Mt Tamborine, so hopefully we'll get there before 4 to sample a beer or two and say g'day to Ian. MT Bitter here I come!

This beer is the goods. I'm hoping it's still available on tap at Grand Central.

Yes, it IS the goods! It hasn't been at the Grand Central the last few times I've been there recently. They were pushing the Burleigh no-carb, and some Matilda Bay & James Squire brews, but that was before new years. I do love the Alpha Pale Ale.

Back