Moved To Brisbane: Looking For a Brewing Partner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parktho

Reaction score
G'day all,

I wasn't sure where to post this and thought here's as good as anywhere else.

My situation: I've just migrated from Mackay to Brisbane with most of my vehicle being occupied by my brewing equipment in peices. I've moved into a flat in Bardon where I'm house sharing and space is limited. Basically, I'm looking for someone to brew with who has some space. This might be someone who's been thinking of making the move to all grain, but hasn't invested in all of the equipment yet. I'm hoping to find someone nearby (Bardon) who's equally as green as me when it comes to all-grain brewing (I've done one BIAB) so we can learn together, and perhaps someone who's a little more practical or handy than myself with a good tool kit.

My equipment: Basically, I have a single-tier three vessel setup with an esky mash tun, electric heating elements, march pump, kegs, regulator and the necessary plumbing in peices. I'll be looking to put it together encompassing some sort of stand (I have a control panel sorted) and a fridge with a tap to top it off. Please note, I haven't actually got round to using any of it yet as it didn't get done as planned over Christmas in Mackay. The way I envisage it, is that we make two kegs worth, taking one home each to consume before our next brewing sesh (I have four kegs, but more may be necessary).

My-self: I'll be starting a PhD in plant genetics at UQ soon (*fingers crossed*). I also work part-time at Liquorland. I went along to BABBs last meeting (last night), and will probably be joining them. Besides my passion for beer & brewing, I like keeping relatively fit, reading, music & computers. I'm new in town, and looking for other things to fill my time.

If interested, I guess just PM me or whatever, tell me a bit about yourself, and we can see how things might work.

Thomas.

MOD Edit - corrected the thread title added 'brewing'.

Would not want to think we are running personal ads on ahb... ;)

And here i was about to send him halfix's details :D .

Seriously there is quite a few brissy brewers close to your area and going to BABBS will be your best bet. Another option is to get to a brewday and ask the host if you can bring your rig along, you will recieve alot of 'feedback' :huh: . Or host a brewday of your own.

On a side note winkle lives close and likes long walks in the park, poetry and pina colada's. :ph34r:

Cheers

Thomas,

I think we met at the QHC last year? while I do not have the room to help you out with storage, I can always help out drinking (and brewing) beer.

Ian

Thanks for the replies.

No, this is definitely not a personal.

Ian - better with faces, but I do remember talking to an electrician. Got a Braumeister? Maybe I should sell my vessels, etc... and spend even more money.

I'm quite stuck for space. The only spot I can envisage that it might happen is below the stairs leading to our apartment, but that space actually belongs to the flat below, and is exposed and unsecure, not to mention the likelihood of sh!tkickers actually kicking sh!t into the brew as they walk up the stairs.

Thomas.

And here i was about to send him halfix's details :D .

Seriously there is quite a few brissy brewers close to your area and going to BABBS will be your best bet. Another option is to get to a brewday and ask the host if you can bring your rig along, you will recieve alot of 'feedback' :huh: . Or host a brewday of your own.

On a side note winkle lives close and likes long walks in the park, poetry and pina colada's. :ph34r:

Cheers

I do not like pina coladas so there :angry: (Pimms No 3 thank you very much)

Edit Hurrah!

Yeah I am an electrician with a BM.... I am at Wavell Hts. If you do get stuck for storage I can probably provide temporary storage but don't think the boss will allow more "beer s**t" to fill the house.

If you are super short on space a BM is the way to go, though some purists will frown upon it. But I am more than happy with the results.

EDIT: can always come have a test run before you think about forking out the big bucks.

Or you could build your own ala the Brewmeiser! Really, not that hard at all. Just for fun, I'm building one soon. I run a 3v HERMS, so it's all for show and fun really!

Would offer my place but you're miles away. Another option might be strike a deal with someone to share brews (i.e.: double batches split in half), brewing with them, learning the ropes, and when you have the space/time, setup yourself. Suppose it depends on how long your lease is!

Happy to have you around here for a brew day anytime though! (I'll do a double batch and you can take a cube to ferment if you like?)

Just let me know!

Cheers!

Have you thought about BIAB? In its original form (nosparge, no squeeze) this method knocks out great beers and takes up very little space. If you have a verandah you could have it out there.

Have you thought about BIAB? In its original form (nosparge, no squeeze) this method knocks out great beers and takes up very little space. If you have a verandah you could have it out there.

+1!

Have a search for "move to all grain for 30 bucks" and "stovetop all grain aussie lager"

in a couple more weeks if you still need some space to "build a brew rig" you can share some off this area...

i am doing the outside wall now and wanting to sheet the inside and do a full length bench and wash area to the right of the leaf blower.
i have a dedicated 15amp (more like 20amp) line and plenty of tools (and junk my wife tells me), this is my "workshop / brew area" so is not the garage.
it should be mostly done by then but maybe not the benches, i dont have a welder so will be timber

I am kind of planning a 3V single tier rig myself to upgrade from that brew rig you see in the corner....

the downside is i am in Hawthorne about 20 mins from Bardon accross the city

shoot me a PM if it's of interest and you could come over next week for a beer

DSCF5119.JPG

in a couple more weeks if you still need some space to "build a brew rig" you can share some off this area...

i am doing the outside wall now and wanting to sheet the inside and do a full length bench and wash area to the right of the leaf blower.
i have a dedicated 15amp (more like 20amp) line and plenty of tools (and junk my wife tells me), this is my "workshop / brew area" so is not the garage.
it should be mostly done by then but maybe not the benches, i dont have a welder so will be timber

I am kind of planning a 3V single tier rig myself to upgrade from that brew rig you see in the corner....

the downside is i am in Hawthorne about 20 mins from Bardon accross the city

shoot me a PM if it's of interest and you could come over next week for a beer

Heck, looks to be a good setup, I'm interested in having a look

Brewday!!!

:ph34r:

MOD Edit - corrected the thread title added 'brewing'.

Would not want to think we are running personal ads on ahb... ;)
lol .. love it ... trying to pick up at AHB ....

while we're at it .. i'd love to meet a 20-50 year old slim slut in the eastern 1/2 of victoria ... no strings attached

Careful, she bites ;)

8916_140204430457_581115457_3052844_5850858_a.jpg

7018_160782745784_580740784_3133254_2008547_n.jpg

:ph34r:

Latest posts

Back