Mount Tamborine Breweries

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live on the mountain and neither have heard nor have seen anything to date. The old squires inn has recently sold. The local paper had a few letters to the ed complaining about mt brewey before it opened, if they are starting up here maybe they are keeping a low profile.

Just on the Beard & Brau website and they said its on the Albert River...maybe down near Albert River Wines

Just checked thheir website, they are moving to what was formerly albert river wines at tamborine, not mount tamborine.
Around a good half hour drive west of the mountain. For those on the coast travel via canungra would be the way to go.
Cheers
Sean

Edit. Not albert river wines it seems but out that way, assumed it was for sale as a mate of mine looked at buying it a while ago.

Bugga!!!! Thats like 45mins drive...hardly a drop down to the local haha then again it was about 20mins to the MT Brewery

Would be happy to drive a bit further for a better drop.

Evening brewers,

I made my second trip to the Brewery @ Mount Tamborine on Sunday, and perhaps my last!

I only ordered two beers, the Lager and the APA. The lager was drinkable, but only just and the APA - well, I had to return it and advise the bar staff I could not drink it.

The aroma of the beer was shocking, by far the worst I have smelled and the taste was equally bad. There was absolutely no resemblance to an APA. I was advised the flavour was due to the 'young yeast'. I queried what the yeast was, and was told - without a great deal of confidence - that it was American. (Young american!).

We like getting to Mount Tamborine, and think the Brewery is in a perfect spot and has a huge potential. Just difficult to see myself going back with their current product.

Anyone know anything about the Hard Iced Tea the Tambourine Brewery is apparently making?

Saw it in recent Beer & Brewer mag - but few details about it.

Agree it's disappointing the direction the Tambourine brews have gone.

Kev

Anyone know anything about the Hard Iced Tea the Tambourine Brewery is apparently making?

Saw it in recent Beer & Brewer mag - but few details about it.

Agree it's disappointing the direction the Tambourine brews have gone.

Kev

Alcoholic Ice Tea??? :angry: why don't they just spend there money on improving there MT Brewery beers!!

I did get a chance to sample their green iced tea and the black, which hasn't been released yet. I'm not into iced to tea so it's hard to give any specific comments. Both were fairly sweet but didn't taste horrible. They shouldn't have too much trouble finding a market for it considering the amount of people that drink pre-mixes and cider.

Just read this in today's Tamborine Times and that council approval has been given :

" The Beard and Brau Brewery will produce handcrafted, micro-brewed beers....Due to demand......the brewery has relocated to Eastern Australia and sought council approval to commence operation as a home based business...at Tamborine. The brewery will produce up to 20,000 l / year in 800 L batches. The home based business was essentially a manufacturing operation, so would not be open to customers or the general public. "

Latest posts

Back