Morgans Sheaf Wheat LME ... looking for suggestions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyF

Reaction score
Gday All,
Hope this is in the right discussion.
I'm currently doing an all grain pale ale and thought why not kill two birds with one stone and bang out one of the two remaining LME cans I have left.

I've decided to do the Morgans Sheaf Wheat LME can and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a recipe.
On top of the can I have
- 500g of wheat malt (which has gone hard in the year I've had it.. is it still usable??)
- 1kg of dextrose
- about 500g of LDME

Hops wise I have:
- 40g of Galaxy
- 40g of Mosaic
- 50g of Magnum
- 40g of Citra
- 40g of Simcoe
- 20g of EKG
Would any of these hops even work with the can of wheat LME??

I've only ever done 2 cans (before going BIAB and then AG) so any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Tony

PS Yes it turned out a little warm to make beer today :p

One of the best Coopers Sparkling tributes I ever made was 50% wheat.
I reckon if you use the tin with a Coopers Aussie Pale kit, some dex to up the ABV then late hop with Galaxy.
Then hit it with recultured Coopers bottle yeast.

Dump the kit yeast of course.

Heheh.. Thanks guys!

Bribie, was hoping to get it out with the stuff I currently have on hand, which means the kit yeast and no other kits (besides a kit "lager" LME). I'm still in the middle of the mash for the pale ale and the closest open HBS is about half hour each way.

DU99, yep, finally got a new house fridge so have taken over the old house fridge and picked up a temp controller so temps should not be a problem! :)

Thanks again guys!

OK.. So I went ahead and made this thing...
Threw in
1.7kg Sheaf Wheat LME
600g LDME
500g Wheat DME
500g dextrose

Boiled for 45 min and threw 16g of galaxy pellets at the end as a flame out addition.

Finally had my porter keg finish so now have this hooked up to a tap and HOLY S*#T is it sweat.... Bleh

I'd live to fix this if possible rather than ditch it...
I was thinking of throwing 16g of magnum into a litre of water and boiling for about 30-40 minutes to get some bitterness and then throwing this into keg after cooling it.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Latest posts

Back