Morgans Iron Bark

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickh25345

Reaction score
Hi all - we're recent arrivals to Melbourne from across the ditch who were really into home brewing. Unfortunately we had to get rid of a bunch of stuff before we came over which included my beloved :( , well-used home brew kit, usual accessories and about 40 doz glass pint bottles. Yes, I know, but at least they were empty.

Also, unfortunately, we are currently living in a very small house with no chance of restarting (at this stage) my brewing activities. Of the literally dozens of types/flavours of beer we brewed over 10 years or so Morgans Iron Bark was, (and still is) our all time favourite. Youse Aussies do make good beer! And kits! For some reason this particular brew kit ceased being imported into NZ some time ago but we remember the taste..... oh god... the taste........

To the point of this post. We want to cheat. We would like to know if there is a commercial beer out there (I know, wash my mouth out), that tastes like Iron Bark. I had to to ask this. I was told to. Please do not start. <_<

I acknowledge that there's a million different things can effect the brewing process and therefore the final nectar. We could try every dark ale in Australia but.... sorry, what was I saying again?

Any assist appreciated.

Kind Regards..... Rick

Back