Modified Kegerator Tap For Sparklets

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midworld08

Reaction score
Hi,

I was disappointed when I got my kegerator as the fonts would not allow the use of a sparklet (creamer) and I do like my kilkenny to get that nice smooth head that results with there use.

So I wandered on down to PG Watsons engineering and handed them the tap from the kegerator, handed them the sparklet and $200 later I have what you see in the photo. It works a treat, yummy.

Now, you might say I don't want to pay $200, well now you don't. The minimum run they would like to do now that the CNC is programmed is 20, and when they do that they will be around $20 ea. I've passed on the info to Beertech in balcatta as they seem to be the font kings in Perth anyway.

If I get enquiries I might even do a run myself and post them out, is anybody interested?

The material is a lead free copper alloy. It could get made out of Stainless, which might not increase the cost much. However I stayed away from stainless as I was afraid of the sealing problems that can result from using it. The bush that is made is threaded inside the tap, and copper alloys form a natural seal as you tighten the thread.

You would have to get an M14 tap to thread the inside of your tap, or get someone to do it. Not a big deal, or PG Watsons will do it for you.

DSCF1560.JPG

DSCF1561.JPG

Latest posts

Back