Kegerator question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChangingMags

Reaction score
Not sure if I should post this here but I am new.

Hey I have a single fridge kegerator with a dual tap. I am wondering if there was a way to get 2 store bought kegs obviously not 2 50L kegs as they both can’t fit. And also they do not produce 20L kegs example from CUB. Is there a way to transfer beer from a CUB keg to a smaller keg or if anyone has come across this issue how did you get past it. I know I can find a local brewery to produce their own beer but I have tired them and do not enjoy the taste.

You can transfer the beer from a larger keg to smaller ones. You will just need the appropriate couplers/fittings for all the kegs.

Do you have the smaller kegs already? If not, I would recommend using corny kegs as they will be easy to clean and reuse.

https://kegsofftap.com.au/product-category/keg/beer/
This is one place. Have not used them, but have heard of them.

You could brew your own?
See that website doesn’t do small kegs in any I like, no CUB beers come in corny kegs.
You can transfer the beer from a larger keg to smaller ones. You will just need the appropriate couplers/fittings for all the kegs.

Do you have the smaller kegs already? If not, I would recommend using corny kegs as they will be easy to clean and reuse.
Have you done this before? I have a commercial keg with a d type coupler how would I transfer it to a smaller keg?

Yes I have. Unfortunately I could not find a simple video online for you showing the transfer from a commercial keg to corny keg. I would recommend contacting your local homebrew shop to get the corny kegs and additional parts required. You will also want to become familiar with cleaning, sanitizing, and purging oxygen from your corny kegs before transferring the beer. Any good homebrew shop will have all these supplies and the know how to get you going. If this is a one off project it's probably not worth the investment. If this is something you will be doing regularly, then it will eventually pay itself off.
See that website doesn’t do small kegs in any I like, no CUB beers come in corny kegs.

Have you done this before? I have a commercial keg with a d type coupler how would I transfer it to a smaller keg?

As far as i'm aware no beer comes in corny kegs at all, you could take your keg to a craft brewery but that's not the megaswill you're after.

Back