Mm Fridgemate Controller Probe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prawned

Reaction score
Hey guys, Just wondering if there is anything cheap i can do to put my mashmaster temp probe in liquid? Probably only need it to work for a few months till i can afford the better probe.. kinda getting sick of the freezer reading around 8 degrees and the beer coming out of it actually being about 14 :(

Is this for a fermenting fridge or a keg fridge ?

If fermenting, then you could try taping the probe to the side of the fermenter with a block of foam over it. That apparently gets a better temperature reading of the wort.

I don't know about a keg fridge.

Can you put your probe in a test tube or similar and then put this submerged into water?

If fermenting, then you could try taping the probe to the side of the fermenter with a block of foam over it. That apparently gets a better temperature reading of the wort.
I don't know about a keg fridge.
Works in a keg fridge too. I have a piece of old stocking tied around a keg and you just slip the probe and a bit of foam/mat under it.
It's more about thermal inertia rather than liquid.

decided to throw a coke bottle full of water in the freezer, and wrapped the probe in a freezer bag and zip tied it on.. Probe will go in the water tomorrow, see how i go :) if it dies then i have to buy the stainless probe alot sooner than i planned to.. though a decent thermometer was the next on the list of brewing gear

Latest posts

Back