Low Fermenting Temperature

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holden4th

Reaction score
I've put down a Chris' British Ale in my fermzilla allrounder. I'm doing this in a chest freezer with a temp controller set to 17 degrees. The temp probe is sitting in a container (with water) where I've set my blow off tube. According to the temp controller my fermenting temp has fluctuated between 14 and 16 degrees. As I'm using a Nottingham yeast this is not a worry and the initial start up showed a good level of krausen. This has now subsided and I am wondering how long to let this fully ferment. The last time I brewed this beer two weeks was enough but I wonder if I need to ferment this for a longer time. Can I leave this for a month?

1594980233806.png

Everything else is guess work.
Mark

What does the instructions on the fermzilla say?

The temperature you are quoting isn't the fermenting temperature, that's the temperature in the blow off tube. My fermenting room temperature is set at 17 C, the outside of the fermenter displays a temperature of 18 C and I would add another degree for the core of the fermenting wort.

The temperature you are quoting isn't the fermenting temperature, that's the temperature in the blow off tube. My fermenting room temperature is set at 17 C, the outside of the fermenter displays a temperature of 18 C and I would add another degree for the core of the fermenting wort.
That sounds more reassuring. I'll do a hydrometer test after two weeks.

Back