Missing Person

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A person very close to me has disappeared and his parents, brothers, sisters and friends are extremely anxious as to his whereabouts and well being.

He was going to attend a Home Brew Competition in Robe, South Australia, last Saturday 17/9/16 but we don't know if he went or not. He most likely would have been alone if he did go.

He lives in Naracoorte, South Australia and drives a late model Holden Commodore Ute.

If anyone on this forum attended the Robe Home Brew Competition, or if they know anyone who did, please either P.M me, or contact the South Australian Police.

The photo below is a few years old and when I saw him earlier this year he didn't have the beard and his hair was shorter.

14370236_1181919058546961_1419160805473180728_n.jpg
14344892_1181942331877967_2105470352251472629_n.jpg

Let's hope he hooked up with a Homebrew vixen who has a boat and us cruising the seven seas chugging vixen IPA...

Let's us know when he gets back to Port ;)

(Just giving this a bump so it stays a while longer on the home page)

Hope he turns up or you hear from him soon.

Create a missing person Facebook page for him, add it to all the local buy swap sell groups. It will get shared around everywhere and go viral quite quickly.

Hoping for hiz safe return.

Perhaps tag SABC (South Aust Brewing Club) on Facebook also. I believe a number of them were heading to Robe for that comp. hope he turns up safe and well.

Have they (cops) gone through the usual procedure of checking his phone records and if his bank account has been accessed?

For posts like this we need a mod to lock it to the top of latest post list for a few days (if they can do that). As Yob said here's hoping his brew weekend got extended and the hang over wears off soon.

Mike

Good idea Mike

I'm sure there's enough people here with the sense to keep bumping the thread if that doesn't happen tho

here is the link to the SA Police site regarding the fella, it might be easier to copy and paste that info here, somebody?

Police are asking for assistance from the public to help locate missing person Joseph Chaplin.

Mr Chaplin, 49 years, was last seen around 3pm on Friday 16 September in the Coonawarra area.
He is described as Caucasian, 185cm tall, 90kg, solid build with blonde hair and a trimmed blonde beard.
Mr Chaplin is believed to be driving a white Holden VE utility with SA registration XSP 083.
Police and family have concerns for his welfare and anyone who sees Mr Chaplin or has information on his whereabouts is asked to contact the police assistance line on 131 444.

I see it's now been posted by Dr Smurto on the Brew Adelaide Forum, good on them and of course the members are more local to the situation.

Good luck BDD.
Massive amount of stress and worry for those close to him, hope it all works out.

Thanks for all the suggestions and good wishes, unfortunately there's not much to go on at the moment.

It seems as though he didn't make it to the Home brew comp in Robe as planned and there are a few other appointments that he didn't make.

The Police are going to put a helicopter up tomorrow as the floodwaters and boggy tracks are hampering the search.

Latest posts

Back