Mini Keg Bulk Buy MKIV

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Zorco, I'm looking at the 4l with the spear D top (gas, liquid connections and pressure relief valve)

Do you pm me the spread sheet? Is this how it works? Thanks

Hi grott, sounds great. I'll invite you to the PM now, you will have all the info and have a play in the spreadsheet. Check the pricing basis spreadsheet for all the costs and links to pictures etc.

Then place your order in the main spreadsheet.

PM me if it causes you any grief and I'll help.

Thanks so much, have placed order for 2 x 4L and 2 X Spear only (have the ball lock connections). Do you want me to pay now?

And- thanks again, appreciated.

No, don't pay yet mate. I'm going to shift my funds from that account and prepare it for tracking with this bulk buy.

What about adding these? Beerkat but I'm sure they could arrange the freight.
Quite keen on these for spare kegs sitting in the fridge.

904a5a_1461cf3f18b345319df22c0747020392mv2_d_2448_3264_s_4_2.jpg

Batz said:
What about adding these? Beerkat but I'm sure they could arrange the freight.
Quite keen on these for spare kegs sitting in the fridge.
I think these are dangerous.

They circumvent the inclusion of a PRV.

Having said that, I'm not sure what the failure mode of a tank would be.... a tiny tear maybe... just pissing out beer and ruining the tank.. Probably not that dangerous.

But I don't know metals and fabrication. Safer than a bottle bomb :)

Fair enough, stupid people, bad shit.

Bit like carbonation caps....and sea-saws

Zorco said:

Having said that, I'm not sure what the failure mode of a tank would be.... a tiny tear maybe... just pissing out beer and ruining the tank.. Probably not that dangerous.
don't mind me, just force carbing my mini keg
https://youtu.be/9bU-I2ZiML0?t=2m9s

When attached are the stainless disconnects shorter than the plastic ones? I'm scrimping for height savings where possible, the other advantage is the 90 degree line out saves maybe 10mm because the FFL to barb won't angle upward.

Reckon it would it be possible to get a pair of plastic gas and a pair of stainless liquid? Or are these packaged as pairs?

Cheers!

Zorco said:

But I don't know metals and fabrication. Safer than a bottle bomb :)
I ordered one a week ago but yet to receive and try it out. I do have a couple of mini kegs that are sitting un-carbed so happy to test out soon using the reg and bulbs update on this thread.

Things I am curious about:
-How I can nail the right carb level without too much trial and error
-How I can switch this carbonation cap off and then the spear head in without too much mess!?

Any advice appreciated but I am planning to do it out on the balcony

pat86 said:
I ordered one a week ago but yet to receive and try it out. I do have a couple of mini kegs that are sitting un-carbed so happy to test out soon using the reg and bulbs update on this thread.

Things I am curious about:
-How I can nail the right carb level without too much trial and error
-How I can switch this carbonation cap off and then the spear head in without too much mess!?

Any advice appreciated but I am planning to do it out on the balcony
G'Day pat86,

- Other people are far better than me at nailing carbonation levels (force carbonating you mean?), and there are plenty of threads out there to find.
- Once carbonated, relieve head pressure, unscrew carb cap and quickly screw on the spear. Make sure your keg is nice and cold. That should work out.

Added to the PM.

Read the first post and get stuck into the spreadsheet to build your order.

Cheers

Am I too late getting on this BB Zorc?
Please PM me the spreadsheet if not
Keen on a 4l and spearD
Cheers in advance

damoninja said:
When attached are the stainless disconnects shorter than the plastic ones? I'm scrimping for height savings where possible, the other advantage is the 90 degree line out saves maybe 10mm because the FFL to barb won't angle upward.

Reckon it would it be possible to get a pair of plastic gas and a pair of stainless liquid? Or are these packaged as pairs?

Cheers!
yes the SS disconnects are shorter, looks like about 25mm difference, in the photo it is a 2L mini keg the plastic one is about 410mm tall, the SS is about 385mm tall. and your tap sits at a different angle.

20170202_154935.jpg

20170202_155007.jpg

zircon can you add me please.

Latest posts

Back