Mini Keg Bulk Buy MKIV

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick question..

I've just read through the January sale from the Beerkat guys and for example their 5L combo on their website, once the january discount is applied, is already cheaper than this bulk buy. + a free keg cover + free shipping.

In the thread on here from the Beerkat guys there was discussion about them also possible being suppliers of this bulk buy.

Just wondering where we sit at the moment with prices? Eg. Are we waiting on better pricing again from Beerkat?

it doesn't have the double ball lock head though. (the double ball lock combo comes to $160.20 after the discount)

Double ball lock heads are the same price from beerkat, you can pick either with their combo.
Just confirmed that with them via email.

So it's still a bit cheaper. + free shipping +keg cover

Only problem is the ball lock heads are due late feb, no big deal breaker though, BB might not be delivered before then anyway

Neo__04 said:
Quick question..

I've just read through the January sale from the Beerkat guys and for example their 5L combo on their website, once the january discount is applied, is already cheaper than this bulk buy. + a free keg cover + free shipping.

In the thread on here from the Beerkat guys there was discussion about them also possible being suppliers of this bulk buy.

Just wondering where we sit at the moment with prices? Eg. Are we waiting on better pricing again from Beerkat?

Hey mate, Beetkat mentioned they are waiting for their suppliers as well. I got the impression there isn't an advantage either way.

As for pricing for this BB, we are already up and away. :) A few posts back.

Zorco said:
Thanks,

Not so seemingly though.... Mark has indicated that this is his last one. I'm trying to change his mind by making this one simple and smooth - and with a custom BB spreadsheet for this purpose...
if this one runs smoothly and is enough interesting in later bulk buys i guess my arm might be twisted into continuing with them,

peteru said:
The tap options in this BB have me interested enough to spend $, so please add me to the list of interested parties.

Does the price for the Intertaps include a handle? The description for the Intertap FC on the normal Keg King page says "This item is the tap only to make a complete unit you will also need to purchase a tap handle and a shank". I would expect that in this instance, the handle would be included so that you end up with a usable system, but it's best to check such things...

Also, any chance of including an option for the Keg King flow control adaptor that could be retrofitted to taps supplied in previous bulk buys?
yes all tap options include a handle,

thanks for the suggestion of the flow control adapter will see what i can do about adding it.

SBOB said:
what about a three way splitter and a carbonation cap...
disconnect on regulator, plug into carbonation cap connected to line, line connected to splitter, splitter connected to two disconnects
sounds dodgy, but its a cheap option
:)
HaHa that was how i first attempted to split the gas line, it does the job but not very space efficient. the peices suggested by Tony121 would be much better, will have to look into sourcing some.

Yob said:
this is going to be epic...

sorry Mark.. ;) ...

ya doing fine things here
haha, thank you yob for getting the first two up and going

Aus.Morgo said:
Hi all, new to the forum but keen to get in on this group buy for a project I'm working on.

Few questions though;
- Are these 2L & 4L kegs the same as the Ikeeger one's?
- Are the spears exactly the same as well with ball locks?
- Are the plastic disconnects the same as the premium plastic ball lock disconnects from keg king?
welcome to the forum,

- Are these 2L & 4L kegs the same as the Ikeeger one's? Yes
- Are the spears exactly the same as well with ball locks? yes, as far as i am aware they are the same,
- Are the plastic disconnects the same as the premium plastic ball lock disconnects from keg king? yes, we were not happy with the plastic disconnects from the manufacturer so opted to go with premium plastic ball lock disconnects from keg king instead as the basic disconnect.

Neo__04 said:
Quick question..

With exception of the parka which I don't care much about, for what I wanted I worked out out with the discount taken in to account, the shipping on the bulk buy would have to be >$40 just to put them on par, which I have a strong doubt of.

Plus, I can also get the $7 disconnects here on their own but not on beerkat's site.

Zorco - for the record, here's what I'm after:
2 x 5L keg
2 x Ball lock spears
2 x plastic disconnects (pairs)

plastic disconects pair(kegking) MFL thread $7
ss disconnect pair(kegking) MFL Thread $25
by 'pair' does that mean 2 disconnects (1x gas and 1x beer disconnect) for $7 or $25 respectively?

Another question :ph34r: :ph34r: I got a hold of a cheapo valved (standard) 400g CO2 bottle full! with 6 years left on it.

To hook the mini reg up to a regular CO2 bottle, will I need a standard type 30 to 3/8-24 UNF adapter? Or do these regs already have standard fittings, but have been adapted to 3/8-24 UNF?

I'd like to keep the valve in place for refills, also I can shut it off and switch to a bulb if I don't want to cart the 400g bottle around.

Cheers guys!

SBOB said:
plastic disconects pair(kegking) MFL thread $7
ss disconnect pair(kegking) MFL Thread $25
by 'pair' does that mean 2 disconnects (1x gas and 1x beer disconnect) for $7 or $25 respectively?
Yes mate

WE HAVE MOVED TO PHASE 2

Thank you all for your patience and enduring what has felt like an exhaustive EOI period. But we are away.

For everyone who has posted on this thread as an EOI, I have invited you to the PM where the action is taking place. The spreadsheet is up and running and thank you to mtb, damoninja and aydos who helped make it solid.

Copying all your original orders into the spreadsheet is up to you and I will check things as we go.

Have a look in the 'PricingBasis' tab at the bottom. There are descriptions for all the parts and I've added hyperlinks for nearly every component so you can have a good look at the options!

I hope you find the spreadsheet simple and intuitive... We did the best we can within the Google Sheets environment.

Any questions, my details are in the PM.

Any last minute buyers... You have only a number of days left to get on board. List your EOI here and I'll bring you into the PM with everyone else.

CHEERS TO BEERS IN KEGS

OOOWLL
Didn't realise there was intertaps and perlicks on offer here as well!
Glad I read the thread.
Can you PM me please.
Cheers.

Hi Zorco
I bought a heap of gear last BB.
Is it possible in this BB to buy odds and ends only or must we buy at least 1 full combo + extras?
Don't need any more tanks or regs
cheers

Hi Coalminer, any parts or combinations / quantities there of.

Just see the spreadsheet. ;)

So just a bit more detail on Coalminer's question: Our Supplier has a few freight options and I took a bit of time to build the freight calculator to include them.

The spreadsheet uses approximate mass for each component and determines if a small or large satchel is more economical. If you select any tank, then the spreadsheet ignores satchels.

Have a play everyone, I'm sure you'll see the work that's gone into it.

Back