Mini Keg Bulk Buy MKIV

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
peteru said:
The tap options in this BB have me interested enough to spend $, so please add me to the list of interested parties.

Does the price for the Intertaps include a handle? The description for the Intertap FC on the normal Keg King page says "This item is the tap only to make a complete unit you will also need to purchase a tap handle and a shank". I would expect that in this instance, the handle would be included so that you end up with a usable system, but it's best to check such things...

Also, any chance of including an option for the Keg King flow control adaptor that could be retrofitted to taps supplied in previous bulk buys?
Onto it mate. Will confirm and get back to you

Haha, you haven't meat her! Been down the wife track as well and that wasn't so good either :) She is the better option in the long run :)

She only has a problem currently, because she perceives it's taking all my time up and it's all I think about.]

The time angle can be your friend in this battle mate. Make sure that she is their when you are filing your first mini keg. Then ask her to imagine if it were a 19 litre cornie. Clean and sterylise one vessel, fill one vessel - that's about an hour and a half you get back every bottling night.

LAGERFRENZY said:
The time angle can be your friend in this battle mate. Make sure that she is their when you are filing your first mini keg. Then ask her to imagine if it were a 19 litre cornie. Clean and sterylise one vessel, fill one vessel - that's about an hour and a half you get back every bottling night.

Yeah she sure is sick of the bottles being around the place too. :)

Nullnvoid said:
Yeah she sure is sick of the bottles being around the place too. :)
Like Lagerfrenzy said, sell her on the fact that a keg is one vessel to fill, clean, etc.. Then by the time you have 18 kegs and a 6 tap keezer it will be too late for her to argue!

Does anyone who's got a 5L, double ball lock spear and reg mind sharing some dimensions?

damoninja said:
I'm thinking of getting 2 x 5L and making up a portable kegsky with 2 taps, question I had was around how a single reg / bulb will go if I were to add a line splutter? Would it be too much of an ask for a small bulb?

I guess people do use 19L kegs on them without any problems...

Idea being one day I could use the same mini reg with a soda stream bottle with use of an adaptor but keep using the same mini reg.
Ok so I'm looking around and do you think I can find a way to get an MFL > BARB anywhere so I can just hook a hose directly to the regulator and split? Does this even exist?

I've already got 1 set of MFL disconnects, 1 MFL to barb adaptor for the liquid line... Thinking by the time I buy parts to split / adapt it'd be not much more $$ to just get another reg...

At the risk of complicating the process further, possible to purchase any bits from ATHB and have them bundled in with my order? Saves paying more on shipping than the part's worth...........

Actrol Parts or Heatcraft (refrigeration suppliers) will have brass male/male 1/4" flare fittings.

I'll see if I have one and can post if you want.

Actually, I think you need a 1/4" FL to 3/8" BSP male/male union (below) if you want to screw into the reg.

Edit: Pic attached

IMG_0988.JPG

Can you post a pic of the reg you are screwing into?

Tony121 said:
Actually, I think you need a 1/4" FL to 3/8" BSP male/male union (below) if you want to screw into the reg.

Edit: Pic attached

attachicon.gif
IMG_0988.JPG

Can you post a pic of the reg you are screwing into?
The reg is the one mentioned in this bulk buy that already connects to MFL.

What I was looking to do was go from the reg, to a splitter, by whatever means what may be, I was thinking the way to go would be from the female MFL fitting on the mini reg direct to a barb.

Thanks for the input but I think the simpler and not all that more expensive option is going to be just go for 2 mini regs :lol: :lol:

damoninja said:

What I was looking to do was go from the reg, to a splitter, by whatever means what may be, I was thinking the way to go would be from the female MFL fitting on the mini reg direct to a barb.

Thanks for the input but I think the simpler and not all that more expensive option is going to be just go for 2 mini regs :lol: :lol:
what about a three way splitter and a carbonation cap...
disconnect on regulator, plug into carbonation cap connected to line, line connected to splitter, splitter connected to two disconnects
sounds dodgy, but its a cheap option
:)

damoninja said:

My apologies, I misunderstood.

MFL = Male flare, FFL = Female flare

So, you have a 1/4" FFL fitting on the reg, what I would suggest;

1/4" MFL T-piece to connect directly to the reg, then add 2 x 1/4" FFL barb fittings that SBOB linked earlier. Connect your line and away you go.

I'll try to post some picks a bit later when I get home & not on the phone.

Tony121 said:
My apologies, I misunderstood.

MFL = Male flare, FFL = Female flare

So, you have a 1/4" FFL fitting on the reg, what I would suggest;

1/4" MFL T-piece to connect directly to the reg, then add 2 x 1/4" FFL barb fittings that SBOB linked earlier. Connect your line and away you go.

I'll try to post some picks a bit later when I get home & not on the phone.
Doip, thought MFL was like BSP. What threw me off is all the nut/barb connectors are listed as bloody MFL when they're actually female.

Cheers, appreciate it! I'll table up the total $ value of each option and see where I land.

damoninja said:
Doip, thought MFL was like BSP. What threw me off is all the nut/barb connectors are listed as bloody MFL when they're actually female.

Cheers, appreciate it! I'll table up the total $ value of each option and see where I land.
Yeah they are termed incorrectly, they are FFL to suit MFL. Picture of 1/4" MFL T-piece below (a little dirty though);
IMG_0989.JPG

Edit: Link to one supplier http://www.actrol.com.au/Products/Tube--Fittings/Fittings/Brass/Male-Flare-to-Male-Flare-to-Male-Flare-Tees/

I'm happy to send you the one I have, but needs a good soak and scrub.

Eoi for myself and a mate not on forum:
1x 5L kit complete
2x 4L mini kegs
1x 5L mini keg
3x pack of bulbs

Hi all, new to the forum but keen to get in on this group buy for a project I'm working on.

Few questions though;
- Are these 2L & 4L kegs the same as the Ikeeger one's?
- Are the spears exactly the same as well with ball locks?
- Are the plastic disconnects the same as the premium plastic ball lock disconnects from keg king?

Latest posts

Back