Mini Keg Bulk Buy MKIV

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zorco said:
SHIT GOT REAL

2L (64 fluid ounces (1890 ml)) $32
4L (1 fluid gallon (3780 ml)) $42
5L (169 fluid ouces (5000ml)) $58
SpearD(includes disconnects and brumby tap and tap adapter) $65
SpearD(no tap or disconnects or adapter) $47
Reg $36
plastic disconects pair(kegking) MFL thread $7
perlick 630 ss $69
perlick 650 ss FC $87
intertap chrome plated brass $26
intertap SS $37
intertap FC ss $58
ss disconnect pair(kegking) MFL Thread $25
bulbs box of 10 $12
2LCombo $132
4LCombo $143
5LCombo $159

Combos are defined as tank, SpearD including disconnects and brumby tap and adapter + Reg
Spear D? is that the SS BL head?

Zorco said:
Combos are defined as tank, SpearD including disconnects and brumby tap and adapter + Reg
Clarification pls :D

SpearD = ? the double ball lock spear?
The disconnects, plastic or SS?

And I know it's been asked, but it's difficult to find a clear answer - Shipping (comment removed to avoid confusion and misleading info)

And cheers, this, is awesome.

Edit: removed comment about shipping

The SpearD is the double ball lock spear.

Plastic disconnects in the combo.

Spreadsheet is in development. It will calculate freight automatically.

I need a couple of volunteers to try and break it when it gets to testing please.

Zorco said:
The SpearD is the double ball lock spear.

Plastic disconnects in the combo.

Spreadsheet is in development. It will calculate freight automatically.

I need a couple of volunteers to try and break it when it gets to testing please.
Cheers!!!!!

Happy to assist with testing / refinements

Seemingly a regular gig, if we can work this out with Mark to be a quarterly deal then it might be something to sticky in the equipment section, spreadsheet / instructions and so on, that is.

Neo__04 said:
Are the taps that come with the combo any good? Eg. pours ok? Do we need the flow control of the perlicks?
My Brumby taps are fine. Others vote Perlick and some have mentioned the benefit of the Flow Controls..

damoninja said:
Cheers!!!!!

Happy to assist with testing / refinements

Seemingly a regular gig, if we can work this out with Mark to be a quarterly deal then it might be something to sticky in the equipment section, spreadsheet / instructions and so on, that is.
Thanks,

Not so seemingly though.... Mark has indicated that this is his last one. I'm trying to change his mind by making this one simple and smooth - and with a custom BB spreadsheet for this purpose...

I'm happy to try break the spreadsheet, god knows having me work in IT means I see every possible way someone can dick about with such things

aydos said:
Can you get the separate spearD with the other tap for a different price or do you need to buy the brumby tap as well as purchase the other tap to replace it?
Every combination of gear is possible and all prices work out automatically. You're my third spreadsheet tester so you can see where this is heading; you're feedback will be helpful.

The tap options in this BB have me interested enough to spend $, so please add me to the list of interested parties.

Does the price for the Intertaps include a handle? The description for the Intertap FC on the normal Keg King page says "This item is the tap only to make a complete unit you will also need to purchase a tap handle and a shank". I would expect that in this instance, the handle would be included so that you end up with a usable system, but it's best to check such things...

Also, any chance of including an option for the Keg King flow control adaptor that could be retrofitted to taps supplied in previous bulk buys?

I'll be in for a 5L combo. I know the spreadsheet is coming soon, just putting my name here :p

Fantastic!!!

Even betterer I have been given the go ahead from the girlfriend to get one of these for my birthday. This was a hard sell as she is particularly over my brewing at the moment for various reasons. So this is a win. I didn't want to miss out again and cannot afford to get one on my own.

So the question I now have, because I bottle, I will only be able to put 5 litres from each batch in one of these. The rest I will have to bottle. If only I could hold the rest somewhere and then keep transferring in. I really need to get into kegging proper!! That's the next discussion/argument/begging.

I'll probably grab a 4L and a spear, will consult the ministry of finance about getting a Intertap tap
A mate of mine also may want to get in, so would add his combos to my order

NullnVoid,

Keep in mind, you mentioned "Girlfriend" not wife.
Which means you still have a chance to get out early if she has a problem with your brewing.

This is not a hobby that will ever get cheaper for you :)

Neo__04 said:
NullnVoid,

Keep in mind, you mentioned "Girlfriend" not wife.
Which means you still have a chance to get out early if she has a problem with your brewing.

This is not a hobby that will ever get cheaper for you :)

Haha, you haven't meat her! Been down the wife track as well and that wasn't so good either :) She is the better option in the long run :)

She only has a problem currently, because she perceives it's taking all my time up and it's all I think about. Which isn't true....I spend a lot of time looking at boobs.

Boy do I know this isn't a hobby that's going to get cheaper. Currently trying to build a 3v system on the sly :) Funny thing, is she started this by buying me a brew kit initially. Probably wouldn't have if she knew about this forum initially!

I'm thinking of getting 2 x 5L and making up a portable kegsky with 2 taps, question I had was around how a single reg / bulb will go if I were to add a line splutter? Would it be too much of an ask for a small bulb?

I guess people do use 19L kegs on them without any problems...

Idea being one day I could use the same mini reg with a soda stream bottle with use of an adaptor but keep using the same mini reg.

Nullnvoid said:
Even betterer I have been given the go ahead from the girlfriend to get one of these for my birthday. This was a hard sell as she is particularly over my brewing at the moment for various reasons.
The minister of finance approved my purchase too, with little resistance however as Her Honour has been bugging me for "ideas" since Christmas.

Damoninja, not much to ask of the bulb at all. Bottle condition anything over 2.5 co/vol will push itself out without a reg first time I managed 3/4 of a 5L, second time it was 1/2 of a 5L. I suspect the variance is due to movement, heat. Hope that gives you a ball park.

mtb said:
I'm happy to try break the spreadsheet, god knows having me work in IT means I see every possible way someone can dick about with such things
I don't know, my mum crashed the biggest network in the country.... on 6 different occasions .... she's retired now :huh:

Latest posts

Back