Millmaster Gear Guard Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work Sully. Mine arrived yesterday.

Thanks very much.

Got mine yesterday. All in good order. Will let you know how it fits when time permits.
Cheers Sully for all your work! :party:

I got mine the post today as well, it was a little out of shape but would have been a lot worse if it hadn't of been packed so well. I raced home to fit it up and then remembered...

I don't have a mill to fit it to...:blink:

So with the runout of these mills, if I can't manage to find one, I guess I'll have to on sell it to someone that already has a mill but missed out on this buy..... Ahh well, nevermind.

Many thanks, Sully on your champion effort. Well organised buy, fantastically engineered product and packaged bloody well to boot!

How do you forget that you haven't got a mill? :huh: :lol:

I got mine the post today as well, it was a little out of shape but would have been a lot worse if it hadn't of been packed so well. I raced home to fit it up and then remembered...

I don't have a mill to fit it to... :blink:

So with the runout of these mills, if I can't manage to find one, I guess I'll have to on sell it to someone that already has a mill but missed out on this buy..... Ahh well, nevermind.

Many thanks, Sully on your champion effort. Well organised buy, fantastically engineered product and packaged bloody well to boot!

Apologies Schooey - I purchased the last mill I could find last week from Ross - now out of stock - the new ones are going to be all stainless so I read that as a bit more expensive so purchased the last non-stainless model. I would be very interested in picking up the gear guard from you tho - let me know.

Cheers,

You can have it for cost plus postage then I guess, Mint Sauce, if that's ok? PM me your details..

Got mine today..

Minor ajustments nothing too big.

Cheers for all the effort.

DJ

Just received mine. Thanks for your efforts Sully - will have a beer for you tonight :icon_drunk:

Cheers,

Morrie

If anyone else has a surplus one, i'll take it off your hands. Just drop me a PM.

Installed with just a bit of alignment to stop the screech of metal on metal and all done

Excellent work

Korev

091125_Final_Mill.JPG

091125_Mill_with_guard1sm.JPG

091125_Mill_with_guard2.JPG

091125_Mill_with_hopper.JPG

Thing's choice, finally got it installed and with the slightly larger holes, and the fact that you can loosen the side bolts of the mill to adjust the roller height (as mentioned earlier by someone, thanks!) got it to fit like a glove.

Well almost like a glove, this thing highlighted to me that one of my rollers isn't true. A little disappointing, but I get a killer crush and efficiencies, so I can't really complain :)

I received mine this morning. Thanks Sully.

The funny thing is that I had to pull the mill apart and install the rollers with the gears on the other side. I tried turning the mill over etc first, just in case but the cut-outs didnt fit the rollers unless I put the narrow side of the guard towards the gears. Both guards were the same, so I assume my mill was put together differently; it was one of the first batch, so anythings possible. Just lucky I guess The guard fits well now though.

Thanks again.

Fitted mine tonight, had to grind a small amount of the metal so the rollers would not screech. Not a big drama. But as others have said the rollers don't seem to be perfectly round. Still get my average of at least 75%. Will be crushing on Friday so hopefully I can wack the grain through a little faster now.

BYB

Thanks Sully.....

I received mine this morning. Thanks Sully.

The funny thing is that I had to pull the mill apart and install the rollers with the gears on the other side. I tried turning the mill over etc first, just in case but the cut-outs didnt fit the rollers unless I put the narrow side of the guard towards the gears. Both guards were the same, so I assume my mill was put together differently; it was one of the first batch, so anythings possible. Just lucky I guess The guard fits well now though.

Thanks again.
Mine was the same, and mine was one of the originals -- I preordered it.

Rob.

Guard arrived today thank you.

My mill is one of the original pre-ordered jobs, after a bit of jiggling around and using about 1 mm of spacing it's looking good. Will try it with some grain on the weekend and if it works as expected and is a lot easier to crank over, I might reduce the size of the crank handle which sure is a an awkward length to use as it is at the moment.

Good work Sully, the variations on the different production runs of these mills must have really tested your metal but you stuck with it :icon_cheers: .

Latest posts

Back