Millmaster Gear Guard Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto on today's arrival, got rid of the minor bend due to poor postage handling pretty easily.

Thanks Sully.

Cheers,

GT

Thanks Sully - just picked up the guard - top stuff! :)

Thanks Sully - arrived today all bright and shiny

That centre spike is, well spiky

Oh yeah, watch out for the centre spike... it can and does bite... :ph34r:

I am keen to hear how many need to either shim or modify the guard so please keep the thread updated with how you go.

Cheers

Sully

Mickey mouse guys. Shame it didnt come with such a simple device out of the box though.
Very good! Good work Sully

Came home from work to see mine sitting on the front door step. Looks like I might need to bend it back into shape slightly, but looks pretty damn sweet. Will let you know how it goes when I get around to putting it on.

Thanks for your effort Sully, you're a champion.

Dam PP has mine and he's refusing to give them to me, some thing about having to go to hospital for an operation.Yes PP yours would be pink ! <_< BTW thanks Sully. Rook I need some help over here to convince PP to give me my guards. :party:
GB

Hey Frank

Seems someone has produced a device which fixes the design flaw in your mill, has done a test production run, has found that it fits the range of tolerances in recently produced mills, and doesnt seem to want to patent the device.

I can't believe you wouldnt be reading this thread.

So..have you asked him for access to his design in order to sell a premium quality top notch mill, rather than one which is not fit for the designed purpose out of the box?

Came home tonight and was greeted at the front door by a small package :super:

Should get it fitted tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes.

Well done Sully you are a top bloke to organise to whole process of design, manufacture and distribution, I tip my hat to you good sir.

:beerbang:

Farside

Hi Sully, mine arrived in the post this morning.

Post a bit slow over here.

Cheers once again.

Phil

Hey Frank

Seems someone has produced a device which fixes the design flaw in your mill, has done a test production run, has found that it fits the range of tolerances in recently produced mills, and doesnt seem to want to patent the device.

I can't believe you wouldnt be reading this thread.

So..have you asked him for access to his design in order to sell a premium quality top notch mill, rather than one which is not fit for the designed purpose out of the box?

GL,

In case Frank doesn't read this...

The original mill is no longer being produced & there is very limited stock (if any) available.
The new mill comes out in January, with fitted gear gaurd & 1/2" drive spindle (long overdue). There will also be a budget model with smaller rollers, but still fully geared.

Cheers Ross

GL,

In case Frank doesn't read this...

The original mill is no longer being produced & there is very limited stock (if any) available.
The new mill comes out in January, with fitted gear gaurd & 1/2" drive spindle (long overdue). There will also be a budget model with smaller rollers, but still fully geared.

Cheers Ross

HOORAY! Although I wish I had known that before I bought the current model. I guess that explains a bit.

Got mine yesterday. Cheers Sully, fantastic work. (Very) tiny bit of scraping going on. Can't decide whether to file it a bit or space it with some washers. I'll probably be lazy and go with the washers.
Thanks again

mine fitted so good it were scary, didn'a need shimming,

I loosened these bolts a bit and moved the block down a coupla thou...
[good job too, half of them were finger tight]
DSC_01.jpg

then I bent these things so they were at right angles,
[they were less than 90degrees]
DSC_02.jpg

..and she fit perfect!, you're a fuggin legend Sully,
lemme know when you in Adelaide and I'll shout you a couple of jugs of ale :icon_cheers:
did someone say "hopper bulk buy"?
DSC_03.jpg

Fitted mine up today- it's interesting to see the variation of fit.

Mine needed to be shimmed with some fat washers (~1mm thick). Also had to grind a bit of the outer edges of the curves on all 4 sides so it would clear the rollers properly. And it was a royal PITA to both line up the guard and fit the hopper, but it's done now.

Happy now - it looks better than my dodgy cut up ice-cream container. It would have been good if it came with it out of the box though :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks heaps Sully - great job organising this, and kinda brave seeing as everyone's mill seems to be a bit different.

Rob.

Mine came yesterday too. Bit busy & somewhat lazy but will see how it fits on fri/sat when brewing next. Looks the goods though.

Cheers Sully.

Just finished fitting mine.

Only needed a couple of washers at one end and there was no rubbing.

Interested in what the new mill will look like.

I got mine the post today as well, it was a little out of shape but would have been a lot worse if it hadn't of been packed so well. I raced home to fit it up and then remembered...

I don't have a mill to fit it to...:blink:

So with the runout of these mills, if I can't manage to find one, I guess I'll have to on sell it to someone that already has a mill but missed out on this buy..... Ahh well, nevermind.

Many thanks, Sully on your champion effort. Well organised buy, fantastically engineered product and packaged bloody well to boot!

Back