Mid year NSW Case Swap 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can admin please change this to:

NSW Case Swap 2015

Hey Fletch, Are we going to lock down a date for this?

And if anyone wants me to run up a few profile cut labels for them for the event, drop me a pm and we'll sort out the artwork thingy.
It will cost you a bottle of your best. ;-)

I see FGZ managed to comment on this swap but didn't actually sign up. C'mon Fatz. The Dragons aren't playing the GF until October.

Also, the standard target number used to be 28 as you can fit 14 longnecks in a milk crate. If we all bring 28 bottles, then we can swap extras to double up on a few beers. Thoughts?

1. Pratty1
2. Hou5eCat
3. MickeyR
4. fletcher
5. sam m
6. Masters
7. Marksy
8. Motch
9. Topher
10.Paulyman

11.reman
12. Skb
13. barls

14. Josh

ahhhhhh fek it, im in.

1. Pratty1
2. Hou5eCat
3. MickeyR
4. fletcher
5. sam m
6. Masters
7. Marksy
8. Motch
9. Topher
10.Paulyman

11.reman
12. Skb
13. barls

14. Josh
15. n87

Josh said:
I see FGZ managed to comment on this swap but didn't actually sign up. C'mon Fatz. The Dragons aren't playing the GF until October.

Also, the standard target number used to be 28 as you can fit 14 longnecks in a milk crate. If we all bring 28 bottles, then we can swap extras to double up on a few beers. Thoughts?
he would have to brew something first to take part. i hear his new woman has him on a tight leash

I'm happy with capping at 28 but saying that lets see how we do first.

H0U5ECAT said:
Hey Fletch, Are we going to lock down a date for this?
hey mate. let me ask sam and see what the deal is. is it normally a whole day thing? not sure it can be held IN the shop on a day we're open if so.

I'm happy to host it but i can't do the long weekend as ill be away.

Fletch, same as your late night bit.
All chip in for pizza and swap a few beers.

1. Pratty1
2. Hou5eCat
3. MickeyR
4. fletcher
5. sam m
6. Masters
7. Marksy
8. Motch
9. Topher
10.Paulyman

11.reman
12. Skb
13. barls

14. Josh
15. n87
16. Cortez

I'm 90% sure I'll be right for this - will know for sure when a swap date is confirmed

I'll see if I can rustle up some others from the gong

Cheers

1. Pratty1
2. Hou5eCat
3. MickeyR
4. fletcher
5. sam m
6. Masters
7. Marksy
8. Motch
9. Topher
10.Paulyman
11.reman
12. Skb
13. barls

14. Josh
15. n87
16. Cortez
17. Digety

Count me in.

What's the rules and regulations? I haven't done a case swap before.

Count me in as well. Can't get the list to copy properly on my phone

18. Contrarian

marksy said:
What's the rules and regulations? I haven't done a case swap before.
Yeah, I'd be interested in this as well.

Here's the blurb from 2013 NSW Xmas in July...

1. You will supply 28 bottles of your finest hand crafted to be delivered to a designated drop off point to be determined. There will be drop off points in yet to be determined locations.
2. The bottle shall be either 750 or 800ml tallies. Screwtops are acceptable. NO CHAMPAGNE BOTTLES OR PET! The bottle will be labeled with your designated number (ideally on the cap).
3. Your contribution shall be delivered to the drop off point in milk crates which aid in easy sorting.
4. The places will be limited to the first 28 who register their interest. If there are any extra, then there will be an alternate list opened. If you decide to put your name in now and due to unforeseen circumstances have to withdraw close to the swap date, it is your responsibility to find a replacement, otherwise it will be pins in voodoo dolls for 30 days.
5. The date for the swap will be determined by the end of April, but it will suit the host and most swappers.

================

1. Pratty1
2. Hou5eCat
3. MickeyR
4. fletcher
5. sam m
6. Masters
7. Marksy
8. Motch
9. Topher
10.Paulyman
11.reman
12. Skb
13. barls

14. Josh
15. n87
16. Cortez
17. Digety
18. Contrarian

Thanks for that. So I`m guessing we can make any style of beer we want. I have a few in mind, that I`m happy with.

So regarding the rules, I have no 750ml+ tallies and since PET it out, where can I get or purchase these? This is starting to make this case swap a little bit of an expensive proposition...

As for style of beer I'm thinking either a Hefeweizen or an all-Aussie APA, any conventions for choosing a style?

Reman said:
So regarding the rules, I have no 750ml+ tallies and since PET it out, where can I get or purchase these? This is starting to make this case swap a little bit of an expensive proposition...

As for style of beer I'm thinking either a Hefeweizen or an all-Aussie APA, any conventions for choosing a style?
worse for me I only have grolsh bottles, and usually keg

ED: Im sure I could force myself to drink two cases of long necks soonish

H0U5ECAT said:
Fletch, same as your late night bit.
All chip in for pizza and swap a few beers.
awesome. will check today and see what days/dates work best and post again.

well, I will prob be offering up my Vienna Lager. ended up more of a Schwartz Beer, but still nice.
have one batch left in the cube.

1. Pratty1
2. Hou5eCat
3. MickeyR
4. fletcher
5. sam m
6. Masters
7. Marksy
8. Motch
9. Topher
10.Paulyman
11.reman