Mid year NSW Case Swap 2015

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spoke with sam re: hosting it at the warehouse.

we're happy to have it here, but it can't be a whole day or whole evening affair mainly for a few reasons (liability etc being in a shop premises). we're happy to offer the space for an evening for an hour or two, and have a few beers, in early june. how does that sound?

if it's more of a whole day thing or where there are lots of drinking then we won't be able to have it here and can shift it to barl's place or something if he's keen :)

who gets the call on it; pratty?

Hi all,

I'm overseas and will be more available in a week or so to respond.

As a quick mention, the rules posted were not my rules and those will be reviewed, personally I don't have PET bottles but see no reason why any bottle can't be used provided its 750ml.

Ps. Thanks Fletcher and Sam at hop and grain for the option, will speak via phone when I get back.

as i said I'm happy to have it at my place and we can sit down have a few beers run the smoker, pizza oven or bbq. I've got the space.

as for those looking for bottles I've got a decent stash and can probably cover a few people if they need them.
i don't care about what bottles are used but the reason it was limited to 750ml glass was a few people go upset as the pets are 680 and then you had the odd person throw in a grolsh which are 600ish.

I'll put up a hefeweizen

1. Pratty1
2. Hou5eCat
3. MickeyR
4. fletcher
5. sam m
6. Masters
7. Marksy
8. Motch
9. Topher
10.Paulyman
11.reman - Hefeweizen
12. Skb
13. barls
14. Josh
15. n87 - Schwartz Vienna Lager
16. Cortez
17. Digety
18. Contrarian

Just buy cases of coopers longys for the next while. That's how I got my bottle stash up. You'll always them even after the swap.

Either that or put something up in the but or sell forum, there's people giving away long necks or parting with them for a few bottles of your finest on a weekly basis.

i've only ever had/seen 750mL PETs myself barls? are they older ones perhaps? in any case i'm happy to use glass and use yours mate, or sort something out.

also happy to have it at barl's place if it's a day event and people wanna drink on. sounds awesome all the same.

It's been a while since I bought them mate.

I am joining the list of those away on the June Long Weekend, so any weekend aside from that one.

planning a smoked brown later this week.

I'm boring was thinking something along the lines of an IPA as it'll assist in making space for more of yobs hops :D

1. Pratty1
2. Hou5eCat
3. MickeyR
4. fletcher
5. sam m
6. Masters
7. Marksy
8. Motch
9. Topher
10.Paulyman
11.reman - Hefeweizen
12. Skb
13. barls
14. Josh
15. n87 - Schwartz Vienna Lager
16. Cortez
17. Digety
18. Contrarian
19. Fatgodzilla

Can't let this go untouched. Might give the "Better Red Than Dead" another whirl.

I've got a bottle of barley wine that says fats pulls out.
any takers

Hi All,

Just took 5 mins to check the calender and thinking Saturday June 20, mid arvo ( location either Hop & Grain or Barls place ) This gives us all 6 weeks if you haven't already made your batch. Be advised that your beer can be brewed and packaged just before the decided date and the brewer can have a suggested chilling date to allow for correct bottle conditioning of the beer.

Can you please confirm that you can make this date 20th June?

The bottles can be either 750ml Long necks Or 750ml PETS and at this stage we have 19 entries.

Dan

Mikeyr said:
Dan,

20th looks like a plan....my contribution went into the fermenter yesterday.

Mike

P.S. who the hell is Mickey .... :lol:
Hi Mike,

What are you making?

Dan

20th is free for me so far.

Dan,
Slightly Amber IPA, home grown recipe using a lot of Chinook and Simcoe. A homage to Tower 10, well the piney punch anyway.
I piloted the brew last weekend, just about to bottle V1 and it's bloody drinkable straight out of the fermenter if a little "chewy". Makes me start to think about keg systems..............
Just need to lay my hands on some more Simcoe for the dry hopping!
Cheers
Mike

PS would be great to get the "menu" up against the names, was also thinking of putting up my recipe to the database, wonder if we could all share those with a case swap tag of some sort????

Latest posts

Back