Micro Mondays featuring: Cavalier Brewing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

singajaya

Reaction score
Now and then on a Monday night, we're going to bring in a micro brewery, give them one of our taps to plug in something seasonal and have them school us in the art of making, drinking and loving beer!

After a SELL OUT first Micro Mondays we very pleased to announce Cavalier Brewing are coming in to have some fun on Monday October 6th

They're going to plug something special into our rotating tap, fill up your glasses on the cheap and talk about delicious BEER!

Tickets for Micro Mondays are available online now. http://www.trybooking.com/FUER

What do you get for your $16?
*We have a real life Cavalier brew person in to talk about beer including Cavalier beer tasting. A great chance for you to ask them anything you like about the process, the ingredients, the styles.
*FIVE pots of the Cavalier brew on tap.
*Downed all FIVE pots? Well then move to $3 pots and $6 pints for the rest of the session!
*Bar staff so you don't have to pour the beer yourself.
*Cavalier will have a selection of brews available to buy at the end of the session so you can take some Cav home with you.

Tickets are limited.

The Public Bar
238 Victoria Street (opp Vic Market)
Monday October 6th
https://www.facebook.com/events/779912095404445

what else is on tap and is the $6 pints applicable to all taps or just the Cavallier tap?

singajaya said:
*Downed all FIVE pots? Well then move to $3 pots and $6 pints for the rest of the session!
*Bar staff so you don't have to pour the beer yourself.

Tickets are limited.

The Public Bar
238 Victoria Street (opp Vic Market)
Monday October 6th
https://www.facebook.com/events/779912095404445
Whilst your prices appear cheap it doesnt appear that you understand responsible service of alcohol laws.

I'm pretty sure that last point was a joke. At least I hope it was.

Online Brewing Supplies said:
Whilst your prices appear cheap it doesnt appear that you understand responsible service of alcohol laws.
Not sure if you're making a serious point or not, but at what point is serving more than 2.5 pints of beer irresponsible service of alcohol?

Blind Dog said:
Not sure if you're making a serious point or not, but at what point is serving more than 2.5 pints of beer irresponsible service of alcohol?
I guess you need to read the laws, I have just completed the RSA course and to me the way its advertised goes against the requirements.
Encouraging people to drink with cheap drinks.
I stand to be corrected.
The key word is responsible.

Not sure i need to read the laws as I just drink the stuff, but take your point.

Perhaps a very literal interpretation of the laws maybe suggests this is irresponsible, but them so would any happy hour or discounted slab. This is not $1 cocksucking cowboys on Uni night, but a promotion of a premium product targeted at craft beer fans. I read the drinks prices as an assurance that people buying tickets will get value for money.

I didnt make the laws and I dont have to agree with the laws but I do as a person who would serve alcohol or hold a license to produce alcohol need to comply with the laws.
Failing to do so could end up in fines and lack of license, so to play it safe is the only option. In WA if you haven't completed two courses in RSA you dont even get to apply for a license.
The responsibility is with the RSA holder and not the drinker.
Nev

RSA laws are different in every state as well, what may be illegal in WA may very well be legal in Vic, and more then likely highly illegal in NSW. It wouldn't be responsible if he was selling 2 pints for $6 and not cut them off even though they cant stand. I was under the impression WA rsa laws were quite relaxed...?

And in nsw nev in regards to the drinker not being responsible, police are more than happy to hand you a $550 fine. When i was a bar tender my favourite one was them not being 50meters away from the venue after being ejected and still getting the fine when there were giving you the finger across the road. Fun time!

I used to go to this bar when i was 18 and from 5-7pm it was 2 for 1. Order 1 drink you would get 2, order 4 drinks you would get 8 no questions asked. It was great!

I haven't had any Cavalier brews, what are they like?

Online Brewing Supplies said:
I didnt make the laws and I dont have to agree with the laws but I do as a person who would serve alcohol or hold a license to produce alcohol need to comply with the laws.
Failing to do so could end up in fines and lack of license, so to play it safe is the only option. In WA if you haven't completed two courses in RSA you dont even get to apply for a license.
The responsibility is with the RSA holder and not the drinker.
Nev
I just don't think the relevant authorities would agree with your interpretation here Nev. Bars need to consider promotions carefully, but that doesn't mean they can't have them

huez said:
I haven't had any Cavalier brews, what are they like?
Their pale is solid & their brown isn't too bad (retails for $9 for 500ml at Dans, so you get the idea about where they are positioning themselves). This sounds like a worthwhile evening.

"Now and then on a Monday night, we're going to bring in a micro brewery, give them one of our taps to plug in something seasonal and have them school us in the art of making, drinking and loving beer!"

I'm just going to point out that it sounds as though there's an educational/informative component to the evening. It's hardly an open invitation for craft beer geeks to do body shots off each other with their ludicrously cheap beer. Cheap drinks does not equal irresponsible, otherwise half the RSLs in the country would have their licenses revoked.

I used to drink there on Monday nights for $1 pots.. Truly horrendous hangovers (and beer) geelong bitter if memory serves

Closed down and re-opened in the meantime. Haven't been to the new venue, used to love going there to see bands or just for a beer and even played a gig there.
Hope they've cleaned the toilets, looking forward to checking out some of these nights- close to work and home.

Nev - glad you got your rsa mate but like a bull at a gate there with your new knowledge. Don't be that guy at the party no-one wants to talk to cos he starts every sentence with 'well, actually....'

Prince Imperial said:
"

It's hardly an open invitation for craft beer geeks to do body shots off each other...

Even to think that you are a sick, sick bar steward

I need a drink

Back