Micro Matic Gauge Variances

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrforever

Reaction score
Because of space restrictions I have my fire extinguisher Co2 cylinder in the fridge and the gauges have been set to the desired levels in that environment. Whilst cleaning the fridge the other day I removed the extinguisher and noted that as the cylinder and gas adjusted to room temperature the gauges moved to show different readings. Both readings are when Co2 is turned on and not connected to a keg. Fridge runs at 3-4 deg.

Readings when outside fridge. (75kpa)
Image018.jpg

Readings when inside fridge (100kpa)
Image021.jpg

Obviously a pressure variance of 25kpa can effect the carbonation level of the brew but should the settings be adjusted for room temp or fridge temp.

As I am making some adjustments to kegging set up, and rebalancing the system I would like to get some opinions as to which reading is correct?

Attachments

• Image020.jpg
    Image020.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 17
i could be wrong but i thought that gauge on the left was the one which told you how much gas was in the bottle ,which would probably be afeected by temperature (state of the gas etc etc etc ), or am i not seeing something obvious

It is, but I figure its going to move because of the gas density or something. Its the other one that I'm questioning and why it shows the different hot/cold readings as described above.

Latest posts

Back