Mexican Cerveza

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Admit it Chappo, you loved it, every last drop. You never shared it with anyone, and were often found up the back of your garage cradling an empty stubby of it, whispering 'my precious' :icon_drunk:

:icon_cheers: SJ

:icon_offtopic: Shut up SJ... I only did the once and it was an empty can of Red Death... you know like the six packs you have in your fridge?

:icon_offtopic: Shut up SJ... I only did the once and it was an empty can of Red Death... you know like the six packs you have in your fridge?

6 packs???? I've got enough cases to last the next cold war!!

:icon_cheers: SJ

Hi all,

I am currently attempting to make a Mexican Cerveza and have read all the posts, however i want to add either a lemon or lime flavour using actual lemon or lime. Does anyone have an idea as to how much lemon or lime I have to add (i dont want it to be to overpowering) and what is the best process to do this?.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I made a lemon beer for SWMBO a while back, juice of 2 lemons into the boil for the last 5 mins, not overpowering. Went down hill pretty quick though IMO

I made a lemon beer for SWMBO a while back, juice of 2 lemons into the boil for the last 5 mins, not overpowering. Went down hill pretty quick though IMO

What do you mean it went down hill ?

Does anyone have an idea as to how much lemon or lime I have to add (i dont want it to be to overpowering) and what is the best process to do this?.

Why not just squeeze a few drops into the glass at serving time?

What do you mean it went down hill ?

Well I tried one myself after 1 1/2 weeks and it was drinkable I suppose (not really my sort of thing), the missus liked it, but after another 2 or 3 weeks it seemed to get what to me tasted like kit twang, and the lemon was not mixing well at all, almost seemed like it was going "off" in the bottle, head retention was not to be seen, which doesn't surprise me. I now have a few bottles still in the fridge that SWMBO will only use for cooking with onions on the barbie. I would go with Postmodern's advice and just do the corona thing. Your quite welcome to have one of mine if you'd like to taste the result :icon_vomit:

Back