Merri Mashers AGM Tonight

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carniebrew

Brewvy baby, brewvy!
Reaction score
Just a quick reminder of our inaugural AGM tonight, 7pm at the Eagle's Nest Theatre, Hardy Street, Brunswick.

We'll look to get the committee appointments done and dusted (over a beer) early on, then we can get stuck into tasting a few of our free-hop Horizon/Select brews, over what should be a lively discussion about the various recipes/styles we were using these hops in, and the experiences our 10 or so brewers had while making them.

I believe we'll also have some commercial beer to enjoy on the night, courtesy of our friends at Thunder Road. Hope to see you all there.

I haven't got any of my hop beers cold mostly because it's a pretty crap beer but also I thought we were waiting till next month. I can make it happen if required though. It's hardly carbonated but that's to style anyway

I think it was next month that we'd be doing the 'Official' tasting but folks can bring along tonight if they wish (and it's ready I suppose). I won't be bringing mine. :)

pressure_tested said:
It's hardly carbonated
I checked my pale Saisons this morning and they also aren't carbed up fully - which is very disappointing, I blame the cool weather - but I will bring along a couple of bottles anyway.

Then in the May meeting I will bring two Saisons, a light and a brown, both of which used the same yeast and hops but in different quantities.

If you can spare some, don't forget to bring a bottle or two to donate to the goodly folks at Eagles Nest Theatre for being so kind as to host us :)

Don't worry, they've got a couple of litres of pale ale heading their way ...

Yep, I'm expecting the majority of our free hop brews to make their debut at next month's meeting, but I recall TimT said his was ready, and mine's ready enough to drink too, so we'll at least have a couple. Completely up to each brewer if they want to bring any along tonight, or save 'em for May.

Was looking forward to this after missing the last one.

Unfortunately I can make it tonight. Some important work to finish. Have a great time guys.

Catch ya at the next one.

Another great meeting tonight. Slightly smaller turnout, and a very interesting venue. I expected us to have around 3 or 4 beers to try, but almost everybody turned up with something, so we all left pretty smashed!

Our inaugural committee was elected in no time flat, with only one nominee standing for each position, as per our other thread on that. Welcome to all the guys joining me on the committee, I'm really looking forward to working with you all, and seeing where we can take this club from here.

Cheers for everyone who bought beer along - a great mix if different beers !
Thanks for my vote as treasurer - I will look into some bank account options and let you know. I think the idea of having an equipment library is great!
We could possibly have:

Counter pressure bottle filler
Immersion Wort Chiller
Grain Mill & Hopper
Party Keg Kit

Any other suggestions?

Great meet up last night, we seem to be getting quicker at dealing with the clerical stuff at each meeting, perhaps it was the copious amount of beer and garlic bread on offer that helped move it on. :-D

Some real great beers last night, my favourite would be the aged 9+% beast (oh me that was delish) and the IPA that Josh was coy about. Great stuff! And the location? Slightly surreal but excellent at the same time, seems great for more people that attended so spot on job from Tim (and their staff) for organising.

Apologies to Wolfman, I had hastily printed an out-of-date list of those who'd put their hands up for the committee, and missed out adding him to our general committee last night. And he was too nice to say anything at the time! We'll officially 'elect' him to the GC at our next meeting, but consider him part of the administration as of now. Welcome aboard!

New_guy said:
Cheers for everyone who bought beer along - a great mix if different beers !
Thanks for my vote as treasurer - I will look into some bank account options and let you know. I think the idea of having an equipment library is great!
We could possibly have:

Counter pressure bottle filler
Immersion Wort Chiller
Grain Mill & Hopper
Party Keg Kit

Any other suggestions?
Happy to loan the immersion chiller when not using it.

Also, thanks to all for a great meeting, especially those who brought the beers. And TimT, please thank the Eagle's Nest people for the use of their home, I mean workplace. What a fascinating Aladdin's cave.

Oh man, it looks like i'm one day too late to join the agm. I have my first batch foaming away and very keen to get involved (and get some advice) with the club.

Martinv said:
Oh man, it looks like i'm one day too late to join the agm. I have my first batch foaming away and very keen to get involved (and get some advice) with the club.
Check out our website for details of next meeting - http://www.merrimashers.org

Latest posts

Back