Melbourne/vic Grain Bulk Buy - Late Nov/early Dec

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Nibbo,
Is The pickup date still set for 1st Dec?
Just looking to organise some other activities for SWMBO and the kids while we are down for the day. :icon_cheers:

Yeah mate...the 1st of december is the pick up date...no if's or buts...hope all works out for ya...
Cheers
Nibbo

1. Nibbo: 1 x Simpsons Brown, 1 x Best Caramel pilsner, 1 x Best Caramel Dark, 1 x Briess Victory
2. yumyumyum. 1 x pilsner. 1 x vienna. Possibly more
3. Razz. 1 x Weyermann Pale malt
4. jayahhdee: 1 x JW Trad Ale, 1x JW Pilsner, 1 x Simpsons Marris Otter
5. Wakkatoo
6. Muscovy: 1 x pilsner, 1x Golden Promise, 1x Victory, (split some specs: Rye, .....)
7. Manticle: 1 x Dingemans pilsner, 1 x Simpsons Maris, 1 x Simpsons GP, 1 X Dingemans biscuit (1/4 Adamski29, 1/4 Darkman, 1/4 Lecterfan, ALL GONE)
8. Lecterfan 1 x dingemans pilsner, 1x simpsons MO (splitting ding biscuit with Manticle and munich with Kleiny) - will advise pick up details when sorted.
9. Wolfman: 1 x Simpsons Maris Otter, 1 x Simpsons Golden Promise, 1 x Weyerman pils, 1 x JW ale, 1 x Best Munich. SPLITS: 1 x Best Melanoidin (Darkman, jayahhdee, 1/4)
10. I like beer probably 4 bags
11. vic45
12. david72 one or 2 bags
13. hughba: 2 bags
14. Helles: 3 x J.W Traditional 2 X Bests Pilsner
15. hexman: 1x Marris Otter, 2-3 other
16. chefsantos: 1xweyerman pilsner, 1xbest wheat, 1xJW trad ale
17. Lynchman: 2-3 bags
18. billygoat : 1 x JW Trad Ale, 1 x Maris Otter.
19. RobW: 1x Simpson MO, 1x Dingemans pils, 1x Best pils
20. akroplane1: 2 x JW pilsner, 2 x JW wheat
21. PhantomEasey: 1 x MO, 1 x Munich 1, 1 x other
22. Hans. 2 bags imported
23. Brenthor 2-3 bags
24. Whiteferret: 1 x Simpson MO, 2 x Simpson x GP, 1 x Dingemans Pilsner, 1 x JW wheat malt
25. Stubbie: 1 or 2 bags.
26. beerhog 3 ish sacks yet to be decided
27. Jonathon: 4 or so sacks.
28. NealK: 1 boh pils + would split a bag of munich if anyone else is interested
29. Kleiny: 1 x JWpils 2 x JWAle 1x Best wheat 1x Best Munich
30. Darkman: 2x Best pils, 1x JW Trad Ale 1x Best L Munich
31. beerDingo: 2 x Ale and more
32. gavinl: 2 bags
33. Mudd: 1 Maris otter. 2 others
34. Golani51: 1 X wheat, 1 X Rye (10kg Golani51, 5kg Wolfman, 10kg Muscovy)
35. Rich_4646: 2X JW Pils 2X JW Ale 1 X JW Wheat
36. marksfish, 2x j.w pils, 2x j.w ale, 2 x simpsons m.o, 1 x best pils, 1x best light munich.
37. Adamski29: 2 x Best Pilsner, 1 x Weyermann Rye, 1 x JW Ale, 1 x Best Light Munich
38. MarkL: 1xSimpsons Marris Otter, 1xBest Pilsner, 1xBest Wheat, 1x Briess Victory
39. christmasbender: 1xsimp golden promise (looking to split bags of smoke/ simp imperial / rye)

just updating my order
thanks for fixing the spreadsheet

I've been through the list as it stands and added people who've been clear about their orders (ie. which brand of pilsner etc).

Please from now on add your name/order only to the spreadsheet. The list is no longer relevant

PLEASE also check - I am not infallible so make sure I have your order correct.

ORDERS AND CHANGES/CANCELLATIONS ETC MUST BE FINALISED BY WEDNESDAY, 20th NOVEMBER AT MIDNIGHT.

Please also direct all queries to Nibbo - it's his buy, I'm just assisting.

I'm not really yelling.

hey guys, sorry for the dumb question but how do I pay and can I still pick my order up on the 8th as I'm working on the 1st?

I can't speak for Nibbo currently but all buys I've been a part of operate this way:

1. When the orders are close to finalised, the organiser will PM his or her bank details. Any orders not paid for by the cut off date will be dropped.
2. All orders need to be picked up on the day. Grain and Grape (and any other hosts of bulk buys) do not wish to baby sit anyone's grain for obvious reasons - it becomes complicated when a stranger walks in and says 'Hi, I'm username X from the internet, can I have 25 kilos of grain please? I've already paid. Thanks'.

Having said that there are often circumstances like your own and there is usually someone happy to help. Shout out and see if there's someone local to you who is happy to pick up your grain on your behalf and let Nibbo know that that is what is happening. Whereabouts in Melbourne are you?

There are ways and means.

hey guys, sorry for the dumb question but how do I pay and can I still pick my order up on the 8th as I'm working on the 1st?

I too cannot collect on Saturdays (recurring issue every bulk buy). Anyone who can help me out would be a champ. I live in Caulfield, but obviously am not amazingly picky w.r.t. where to pick up.

BTW Is anyone looking to split a bag of Simpsons MO?

Thanks manticle I will wait for a PM and try to find someone to pick up the grain for me .I live south east Melb (Mentone area)
I'm sure I will find someone

Morining all...

I've just went through the spreadsheet to look for a couple of errors i was pm'd about over the weekend.

@ Muscovy...your order is all good on the spreadsheet...

With the adding of a few extra lines, some formula's didn't add up so they are sorted...

Any other issues, please let myself or Manticle know...

Happy to split

I too cannot collect on Saturdays (recurring issue every bulk buy). Anyone who can help me out would be a champ. I live in Caulfield, but obviously am not amazingly picky w.r.t. where to pick up.

BTW Is anyone looking to split a bag of Simpsons MO?

Ummm, is it Wednesday 21st November?
OR
Tuesday 20th November?

You have all day Tuesday 20th to finalise your order until midnight. I should have written down Tuesday 20th 11:59pm... <_<

Cheers

Nibbo

Thanks manticle I will wait for a PM and try to find someone to pick up the grain for me .I live south east Melb (Mentone area)
I'm sure I will find someone

I can pick it up for you. I'm in Chelt.

I can backup the B.A.R. pickup plan if required.

Latest posts

Back