Melbourne Malt Bulk Buy Nov 07

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris.taylor.98

Reaction score
Hi All,

Consider the Melbourne Nov 07 malt bulk buy open.

Here's how it's going to happen.

Just add you AHB username with your malt type and amounts beside it in a list ( and please keep the complete list together to make life easier for me ).

eg.

Chris Taylor - 1xBarret Burston Wheat, 1xBiards Marris Otter, 1xWyermann Munich

You can arrange for splits amongst yourselves, as long as they appear against one username as a whole sack. (ie I'm not going to keep track of split sacks).

I will try and do a daily summary to make sure that no ones order inadvertently gets dropped off the list.

I am also looking for volunteers for pickup on the day and drop of points for those that can't make it. If I can't get enough volunteers for pick up it won't be happening. I know several of you have already PM'ed me on this subject, please nominate yourselves again in this thread so that I can keep track of it.

This will be on a first comes best dressed basis. The minimum quota is 20 bags, I am still getting clarification if there is a maximum.

I will call a close to the bulk buy when we either hit the maximum (yet to be defined), or after 2 weeks, whichever comes first. (Maximum is also dependent on the number of people available to help out at pickup).

Payment needs to be made to Ross at CraftBrewer via me, so I am going to have to ask everyone to pay in advance . I am just trying to work out details now of how this is going to work. My preference is for you to deposit to me via direct debit, then I will pass it on to Ross. PM me is you have issues in regards to this arrangement.

Once all the orders have been taken, I will need to get confirmation from Cryer Malts (via Ross) in regards to availability of grain ordered, and I will PM people with details or their orders and total cost for payment.

Note I am not usually perusing the board during business hours, so best to PM me if you have questions and want a faster response.

Once I have more details of allowable pick up times and order lead times etc, I will have a go at defining a pick up date.

Price list shown attached, bulk buy prices on the right column ( ie the lower ones ), and include GST.

Cheers

Chris

View attachment cryer_malt_bulk_buy_price_list_nov07.pdf

Chan Lay

1 x Barret Burston Pilsner
1 x Barret Burston Ale
1 x Bairds Golden Promise
2 x Bairds Maris Otter

Chris Taylor - 1xBarret Burston Wheat, 1xBarret Burston Galaxy
Chan Lay - 1 x Barret Burston Pilsner, 1 x Barret Burston Ale, 1 x Bairds Golden Promise, 2 x Bairds Maris Otter
Berwyck Poad - 1x Barret Burston Ale, 1x Bairds Maris Otter, 1x Weyermann Dark Wheat

Hi All, please use AHB usernames so that I can keep track the orders more easily.

Chris Taylor - 1xBarret Burston Wheat, 1xBarret Burston Galaxy
etbandit - 1 x Barret Burston Pilsner, 1 x Barret Burston Ale, 1 x Bairds Golden Promise, 2 x Bairds Maris Otter
Berwyck - 1x Barret Burston Ale, 1x Bairds Maris Otter, 1x Weyermann Dark Wheat

Note I have been informed there is no maximum order so it will be dependent on the number of people that can make the pick up.

Chris Taylor - 1xBarret Burston Wheat, 1xBarret Burston Galaxy, 1xWeyermann Munich
etbandit - 1 x Barret Burston Pilsner, 1 x Barret Burston Ale, 1 x Bairds Golden Promise, 2 x Bairds Maris Otter

hi chris what date will it all be happening as im on holidays tomorrow & wont be back till 17th nov & im keen for 2 bags of weyermann pils

hi chris what date will it all be happening as im on holidays tomorrow & wont be back till 17th nov & im keen for 2 bags of weyermann pils

Should be OK hairofthedog, I have nominally put it down for 2 weeks time. The actual date will be determined by people's availability for the pickup day.

The only issue in your case is getting payment through. If you can sort it out ASAP upon your return that would be appreciated. (Don't pay in advance as I want to get the order confirmed by Cryer Malt before anyone starts to pay for anything).

We will try for the week starting 19 th as the pickup week, and most probably towards the end of the week.

Cheers
Chris

Chris Taylor - 1xBarret Burston Wheat, 1xBarret Burston Galaxy, 1xWeyermann Munich
NRB - 1xBB Galaxy, 1xBB Wheat, 1xBairds MO, 1xBairds Crystal Medium

[edit]Oh, and thanks Chris for putting your hand up on this one. If pickup is on a Thursday or Saturday I can be there, otherwise I can't. I may be able to convince my father to collect it for me now that he's a retired soul. :unsure:

devo - 1 x Barret Burston Wheat, 2 x Barret Burston Galaxy, 1 x Barret Burston Ale.

Chris. I'm also happy to help out with pick up and storage. I'm located in Corburg.

Chris Taylor - 1xBarret Burston Wheat, 1xBarret Burston Galaxy, 1xBarret Burston Ale, 1xBarret Burston Pale(Pilsner) 1xWeyermann Munich
devo - 1 x Barret Burston Wheat, 2 x Barret Burston Galaxy, 1 x Barret Burston Ale.

Woo hoo, already hit the 20 minimum.

Those that are available to do pick up, can you please nominate proffered days, and number of sacks you can carry.

For me it is looking like Weds 21st is the only day I have available that week, or any day the following week.

Cheers

Chris

Chris Taylor - 1xBarret Burston Wheat, 1xBarret Burston Galaxy, 1xBarret Burston Ale, 1xBarret Burston Pale(Pilsner) 1xWeyermann Munich
haysie- 1xBarret Burston Galaxy, 1 x Barret Burston Ale, 1 x 1x Weyerman Vienna, 1 x Weyerman Pale Wheat

Chris, can help with p/up 1tonne van and storage for folks out this way, where is p/up from? and what time frame you looking at?

Haysie

No particular day bothers me and my panel van shouldn't have problem with 20 sacks. I can store the lot in my garage in Coburg for other folk to arrange to pop by and pick up.

just let me know where to go and grab it?

haysie- 1xBarret Burston Galaxy, 1 x Barret Burston Ale, 1 x 1x Weyerman Vienna, 1 x Weyerman Pale Wheat
Cummins - 1xBairds Golden Promise, 1 x Barret Burston Wheat

I can also help with pickup, although I can only do Saturday. Any saturday of the week is fine.

Hi All,

Just a clarification about the price list for those confused about the 2 columns.

The 20 sack minimum refers to the total of all sacks ordered and not per each type. ie just take the price from the right hand column (the lowest one).

Cheers

Chris

most days should be fine for me with pick up.

If there is a problem, devo, would you be able to collect for me and I grab it off you? I am in Brunswick West.
- Berwyck

I'd like to squeeze in a cheeky sack of BBAle if there's room. Looks like a cheap way to try another maltster's product.

I can help in pretty much any way on pretty much any day, keeping in mind that my Smart ForTwo is not a delivery van.

SpillsMostOfIt - 1x Barret Burston Ale.

SpillsMostOfIt - 1x Barret Burston Ale.
Razz - 1 x Marris Otter Ale. 1 x Weyermann Pilsner. 1x Barrit Burston Wheat malt.
G'day Chris, I can help with the pick up depending on the date. I work rotating shifts, so I am home most days of the week.
Wednesday 21st is good for me.

Latest posts

Back