Melbourne Malt Bulk Buy 2 (new Prices)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeungnut

Reaction score
Hi All,

Sorry for starting a new post but I thought it would be easier. I have just received a price list from David Cryer for malt prices for Melbourne pickup for orders prior to the first of April. There is considerable difference to what I had posted previously which was from Darren's Adelaide Bulk Buy which included freight costs. I didn't know of this difference at the time as I'm new to this.

I'm not out to make any money on this purchase so I will email all interested the new price list but to give you an idea of the costs per bag (25kg) depending on base or specialty:

Barrett Burston : $25-37
Weyerman :$38-$64
Bairds: $38-$64

Cheers

Phil

Phil,

They are good prices.

cheers

Darren

Hi All,

Sorry for starting a new post but I thought it would be easier. I have just received a price list from David Cryer for malt prices for Melbourne pickup for orders prior to the first of April. There is considerable difference to what I had posted previously which was from Darren's Adelaide Bulk Buy which included freight costs. I didn't know of this difference at the time as I'm new to this.

I'm not out to make any money on this purchase so I will email all interested the new price list but to give you an idea of the costs per bag (25kg) depending on base or specialty:

Barrett Burston : $25-37
Weyerman :$38-$64
Bairds: $38-$64

Cheers

Phil

Thanks for the heads up Darren,

It has certainly sparked more interest.

Cheers

Phil

The total is now up to 325kg. So only 7 bags to go.

Phil

I'll take a bag of the Weyerman Pilsner, Vienna and the dark munich.

Any specialty bags being split by anyone?

cheers
johnno

I'm going to order a few bags too, I'm just deciding on what I want. I'll let you know ASAP Phil.

What specialty do you have in mind Johnno?

[edit] I can tell you Phil, with Johnno's 3, my 3 and splitting some specialty, we've hit the magic minimum number.

What specialty do you have in mind Johnno?

Hello NRB,

I wouldn't mind splitting a bag of the Weyermann Melanoidin. Make some dark lagers later this year.

cheers
johnno

We have reached interest in 550kg. So I will confirm by email today with everyone re: payment so the order can be placed with David Cryer next week. At this stage I won't accept anymore orders unless those interested can meet me when the malt is picked up from Precision Containers in Brookyln.

Phil

Phil, I'd like Weyermann Pilsner, Vienna and Light Munich please.

Johnno, I wish I could split some Melanoidin with you, but I'd have no use for 12kg!

I'm from Geelong but wouldn't mind half a bag of melanoidin if the pickup is over the western (prefereably south western) suburbs of melbourne.

Cheers :)

I'm from Geelong but wouldn't mind half a bag of melanoidin if the pickup is over the western (prefereably south western) suburbs of melbourne.

Cheers :)

Hi Stoodoo,
I am on that side of town if you would like to split that bag.

cheers
johnno

Phil, I haven't received any confirmation etc. I'd like to know if I'm included in the buy.

Nick

Phil

Modifying my order as my friend is very keen to get in on this one.

This is the total order under my name.

2 x Weyerman Vienna
1 x Weyerman Wheat
1 x Bairds Amber
2 x Bairds Maris Otter
1 x Bairds Pale Ale

Cheers
BK

As I posted on the 23rd, I am not accepting anymore orders as we have over 700kg of grain ordered with David Cryer and I can't transport/store anymore.

Thanks to all those who made prompt payment so we could get the order placed by the end of the month.

Cheers

Phil

Brett,

Are you in a position to collect these on the day it arrives? If so, would it be possible to also collect mine and I'll collect from you? I'm in a bit of a bind in the collection department! Otherwise I might have to ask Mr Johnno nicely, but travelling out to Werribee to collect is a little more difficult than your joint...

If I'm going to Werribee, I'm going for a brew day and drinking session! [like the way I invite myself over to your new abode Johnno? :huh: ]

Either way, I'm hoping I can be part of the buy.

Phil

Modifying my order as my friend is very keen to get in on this one.

This is the total order under my name.

2 x Weyerman Vienna
1 x Weyerman Wheat
1 x Bairds Amber
2 x Bairds Maris Otter
1 x Bairds Pale Ale

Cheers
BK

A Big THANKS to Phil for organizing this - I can only guess that this wasn't easy to arrange, and people forget about that pretty soon after receiving the goods.

Great job Phil, and very much appreciated!

Regards,

AndyD

Latest posts

Back