Melbourne Grain Bulk Buy - Late Nov/early December

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG LoLZ dat was a r8 xselant ephort wot u done.

NOw I can brew da beerz wot I wahn 2 +drimk dem @time 4me LOLLOLZ

Yours,

Jerry Jackson.

Nice to meet a couple of other fellas also - sorry I couldn't hang around and help. Hope last night went well - the other thread seems to indicate it did. You'll be very happy to know that within moments of boarding the ferry to Sorrento for a luxurious dirty romantic weekend away Thor swung mjolnir and it poured with rain. Luckily it eased by the time we were really drunk and craving some short-soup and prawn crackers.

Cheers again!

Massive, massive thanks to Manticle, Wolfman, and G&G for the host. (and any other behind the scenes helpers)
Great to meet a few fellas at the pick up also.
Have a great Chrissy all.

Wolfman...Sticks and Stones...mmm (great to meet ya)

Thanks for organising Manticle, much appriciated. Now its time to christen the new mill!!

I was going to give someone 500g of victory malt. Who was that? Let me know and I'll meet you or post it if it's far away.

My inbox kept filling up so I ahd to delete a lot of messages.

My inbox kept filling up so I ahd to delete a lot of messages.

No need to delete mate.. Just "Archive" and they are both removed from AHB and emailed to you for safe keeping.

Just about to get into AG.

Was hoping a Melbourne bulk buy might happen soon? Was looking to stock up....

Any chance ?

are you volunteering?

It was a pretty big one last time round, i know a few people who still have loads left..

not me though Im out of all but a few kg's of grain all up...

still, Id be in if you are going to do one ;)

Get permission from Dane though first

There are people about that you can contact for the "how to's" and can help steer you in the right direction.
:beerbang: :party: :party: :beerbang:

Given I'm new to this whole brewing thing, I might not put my hand up to lead the charge on this one.

Not in too much of a rush, but will buy a few bags, if something gets started.

My 3V AG setup is almost finished and itching to crank some brewz out, but coming from brewing extract my cupboards are bare so I'd be in on a bulk buy too if someone organised it.

in the interim before it gets going, I was out Keg King recently and he's got some pretty cheap grain, better than a drive over the city anyway.

in the interim before it gets going, I was out Keg King recently and he's got some pretty cheap grain, better than a drive over the city anyway.

Ahh good to know, I have to pop in there this week anyway! Do you know if KK will mill it for you?

I was also thinking of wandering in to Powells Malt and grabbing a 25kg bag of ale malt as they are just around the corner from me.

Keg King will mill, pretty funny mill they have there too.

You'd be best calling prior so it's ready to go I'd say.

Edit - more writing and that

The Keg King price for JW Ale was practically the same as the bulk buy price (cash). Plus you can buy smaller quantities of spec malt. Plus plus .. they are open to 6pm on Saturdays which is handy!

If you're within reasonable distance might as well just buy when you need it so it's fresh.

I still think surely in the coming months a bulk buy may be possible seeing that the pick up last time was in early December nearly 3 months ago and by the time we receive the next lot would be at least a month after planning, I am sure a lot of people will be after something by then.
I would organise it if I lived down there... :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back