Melbourne Grain Bulk Buy - Late Nov/early December

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll try to make a mental note for a spare bag for Bertie and mants to split the smoked malt.

Is there anyone who has car space and can collect some (6) boxes of bottles on the day for me? I can collect Saturday evening (after 9) or most of Sunday, so you won't have to worry about stashing it. Unfortunately cannot get there for the bulk buy.

Thanks in advance,

G

I'll try to make a mental note for a spare bag for Bertie and mants to split the smoked malt.

I've managed to secure some big mayo tubs, approximately 3/4 the size of a handy pail (I think). I _think_ the grain should fit in them, but if you could manage a spare bag for a 'just in case' moment, I'd really appreciate it. I can always return it once I've got myself sorted.

I've managed to secure some big mayo tubs, approximately 3/4 the size of a handy pail (I think). I _think_ the grain should fit in them, but if you could manage a spare bag for a 'just in case' moment, I'd really appreciate it. I can always return it once I've got myself sorted.

I have 9L tubs that i use which hold 5 KG no sweat (roughly 600g of malt to 1L volume~). so your 6-7kg (1/4 sack) should be good in anything that holds 12L or more.

Either way, I've put a reminder in my phone to bring two empty sacks.

I have 9L tubs that i use which hold 5 KG no sweat (roughly 600g of malt to 1L volume~). so your 6-7kg (1/4 sack) should be good in anything that holds 12L or more.

Either way, I've put a reminder in my phone to bring two empty sacks.

Oddly enough, mayo is shipped by weight and not volume*, but these tubs say 14Kg on it. Anyone know the density of mayo and the resulting weight:volume ratio? :D

I'm hoping that half that amount of grain will go in them.

*I have no affiliation to mayo producers, so I maybe wrong. I am, after all, just guessing.

I've got a heap of bags at work if needed, They are farm super bags. Brand new though, looks to me the same as grain bags, same material. Prob got 300 or so. Let me know if anyone would like some brought along.

I've got a heap of bags at work if needed, They are farm super bags. Brand new though, looks to me the same as grain bags, same material. Prob got 300 or so. Let me know if anyone would like some brought along.

Neo...that'd be awesome...What time are you going to be there? I'd be keen on a couple.

Cool, ill grab 20 or so.

I'll be heading up from warrnambool around 6am. So should be there bit before 9.

OK guys,

I've made up a spreadsheet for the day that's much easier for me to follow.

If you could cast your eye over it and make sure I haven't lost anything translating from one spreadsheet to another, that would be great. I'll be printing it off and double checking it against the latest updated whole sheet but several sets of eyes is better than one.

Any errors - please let me know here. My PM inbox is close to full.

I'm not sure I've included everyone's pick ups - I have a memory that da bear is picking up for someone else?

Total bags is total bags being collected by that user - not total bags ordered so if someone else is picking up for you your total will say '0'

Thanks

PS: you may need to zoom out to see the whole spreadsheet. Non-excel users - there is a bar towards the bottom that you can slide from 100% up or down to fit the thing in your screen. Non-excel users includes me really. ******* annoying shit formatty stuff from Microsoft - more of a headache than word.

View attachment 9_december.xlsx

You have me down for JW Ale, should be JW Pils :)

Manticle,

brenthor is picking up my bag ( weyermann Vienna).

Cheers, Sam

I'm not sure I've included everyone's pick ups - I have a memory that da bear is picking up for someone else?

Close Manticle, Muscovy is picking up for Da Bear

See you bright and early!

Thanks for organising it Andrew. Ill call you sunday to org collection from you.

R

OK guys,

I've made up a spreadsheet for the day that's much easier for me to follow.

If you could cast your eye over it and make sure I haven't lost anything translating from one spreadsheet to another, that would be great. I'll be printing it off and double checking it against the latest updated whole sheet but several sets of eyes is better than one.

Any errors - please let me know here. My PM inbox is close to full.

Total bags is total bags being collected by that user - not total bags ordered so if someone else is picking up for you your total will say '0'

Thanks

PS: you may need to zoom out to see the whole spreadsheet. Non-excel users - there is a bar towards the bottom that you can slide from 100% up or down to fit the thing in your screen. Non-excel users includes me really. ******* annoying shit formatty stuff from Microsoft - more of a headache than word.

Manticle,
I've been called into work so after some negotiation my girlfriend Amanda has agreed to pick up my 3 bags..
Cheers

By the way, dunno if anyone's mentioned this, but you're a legend for organizing all this! Thanks!

PM sent Manticle,

looks like i'm missing a bag of wey smoked.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back