Melbourne Grain Bulk Buy - Late Nov/early December

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He might be referring to the whole rig - wheelie bin and all.. could appear unusual for some. :)

Uses a drill press motor and gearing apparently, sitting on top of a kegerator shell, works great from what I could tell.

Bueller?

Who is running the next? I think we are all due for grain yeah?

Next to post is in charge :p

I can't due to some of my forum activities, I may well be beaten up while deeply offended spun-ees take out their rage on the spin-ee.

Who's on?

AHBBB.jpg

Next to post is in charge :p

Rubbish.

Not that hard to arrange guys. Anyone who wants to put their hand up and wants advice from my experience of running the last one, let me know via PM.

It's a mild stress being responsible for other people's money and fulfilling their expectations but no worse than doing a service in a commercial kitchen for 120-150 covers and ordering the stock for the next few day (any chefs/ex chefs will know what I mean).

And yes, I want some grain.

Your turn Cocko - way to get forgiven for all the spin stuff.

Anyone else wanna put their hand up - it means eternal forum radness!!

Anyone?

...and lo, through much suffering and anguish the silence was broken by....

Thanks to all who gave me beers from the last buy. I knocked off the commercial ones slowly but was waiting to catch up with Wolfman to try the HB ones.

We knocked the top off quite a few while doing a brew each yesterday as well as a few of our own and a couple of commercials (Rochefort 10, Hoegaarden grand cru). I'm not going to individually review them all but we had a crack at Lecterfan's 5% quaffer, Hoppinmad's raspberry vanilla porter, spacecapsule's summer saaz, a summer ale with nelson sauvin, Shake's beers (big beers - a stout and something else big and dark from memory - got a bit hazy after that).

All were delicious - no bad beers or distinct off flavours etc.

Big cheers to all and hopefully the prospect of much delicious HB is encouragement for people to get amognst it with the organisation.

I thought we had a couple left but I just examined the outside table and we did indeed polish them all off. No wonder I felt boozy and woozy last night.

Anyone thinking of a new bulk buy in Melbourne please start a new thread when it happens! I only heard of this possibility by accident as I don't read this old bulk buy thread.

I'll back up what Manticle said. Great beers, good brewing and a very hazy end to the day. Cheers again for the beers looking forward to the next BB.

Latest posts

Back