Melbourne Grain Bulk-buy Feb2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Top stuff Special K. Well organized. Thanks again!

Nice to chat to a few other brewers I hadn't met.

Nice Job Kleiny. Cheers mate - enjoy the beer. I know I said leave it till the end of the month but I'm enjoying one right now. Hope it goes down well.

Hope you didn't get caught in any of the storm that's just passed over my suburb (still raining but hail and thunder have subsided).

Thanks again for a well run bulk-buy Kleiny, and for hanging around for stragglers!
Can't wait to give your Bock recipe a spin in time for winter.
Cheers,
Hutch.

Welldone Kleiny. Another well run BB. Nice to meet Manticle, Beerbelly and Bcp and caught up with Maple again. And a special mention to Mrpolly. Dude, if you could have seen your Sigma going out the carpark, seriously, I hope you stopped and put air in the tyres.

Heres the secret to a bulk buy, everybody knows the closing date, everybody pays on time and everybody shows up at the buy by mid arvo. Thats it, that is all it takes.

Thanks to everybody who was in this buy and thanks to those who bought me beer (well appreciated) and too those that at least had the thought but something went wrong, thanks for the sentiment.

Thanks again for a well run bulk-buy Kleiny, and for hanging around for stragglers!
Can't wait to give your Bock recipe a spin in time for winter.
Cheers,
Hutch.

Hutch i cant wait too brew this one up again!

Welldone Kleiny. Another well run BB. Nice to meet Manticle, Beerbelly and Bcp and caught up with Maple again. And a special mention to Mrpolly. Dude, if you could have seen your Sigma going out the carpark, seriously, I hope you stopped and put air in the tyres.

Razz thanks for your help with some lifting you are now deputized.

Thanks again

Kleiny

Hope the flooding's missed your place T.

Just well prepared i think, i did dig a few drainage lines in the rain yesterday arvo in the rain, but most of the flooding was in another area.

Kleiny

Thanks again Kleiny.

Made the mistake of offering to take SWMBO market-shopping after visiting G&G.
We were at Costco when the storms hit (they only had a few leaks in their roof, the only big one was in their stock area) however there was chaos on the roads when we tried to get out of the city, it took 2 hours to get from Docklands to Toorak (we were trying to get onto the Eastern Fwy btw), then we gave up on the traffic and went for a walk down the street till things cleared up.

Just wanted to say thanks kleiny for a well organised bulk buy, much appreciated :icon_cheers:

Thanks Kleiny!

I'd like to apologise for not dropping by myself, but had a last minute trip planned down home.... Luckily missed the horrible weather - we had no storm at all in the Otways - very out of character!

ps. There will definitely be a bottle of beer to reward your troubles, but had no bottles ready - so there may have to be a few extra at the July Case Swap.

Thanks again mate

Kleiny thanks for your work organising this. My brother had no dramas once he read my instructions that clearly stated to pick up from the carpark not the shop!
I was away camping up at rubicon - rain all but missed us saturday, sunday arvo we were sitting in the river drinking beers but sunday night she pissed down.

Now I just need to hope my kettle arrives from beerbelly soon and I'll be rocking and my kegs will be filled once more!

We were at Costco when the storms hit (they only had a few leaks in their roof, the only big one was in their stock area)

Deserves them right the bastards imported that building from china. I wouldnt trust my life walking in there in a storm.

thanks for organising Kleiny and BIG thanks to Dave for collecting and splitting my grain

I had hire equipment booked for the weekend and was landscaping in the rain. would much rather have been at the BB and testing the randalled beer and shooting the breeze with you fellas.

goddamn tasty drop that one (the english - I found the previous BB randalled beer way too grassy).

This was the first G&G bulk buy that I've gone in on and it seemed very orderly and under control. Good on you Kleiny - job well done! I was spewing on my way down because I forgot to pack the bottle of mild I had intended to give you (and too late to turn back!). Now I'm looking forward to brewing up some bocks with my munich.

Latest posts

Back