Melb/Vic bulk buy sodium percarbonate-per KG.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers Truman, pickup from Bayswater for me to, and will drop a couple of Brews for your colleague to relay back to you.

Still waiting for a few stragglers to pay and I have sent them all a PM.

Total if everyone pays is ...

Sodium percarbonate 784 kgs
Sodium metisillicate 213 kgs

Total 997 kgs (I think thats close enough YOB... :D :drinks: )

Sorry, don't get round here as often these days.

Had a quick read through the thread and am still a bit unsure. Is there a Melbourne Brewers Pick arranged? if not is there anyone in the Brunswick area picking up and could possibly grab mine too?

@fents: if I end up picking up and if you still need me too, happy to grab yours.

Vitalstatistix said:
Sorry, don't get round here as often these days.

Had a quick read through the thread and am still a bit unsure. Is there a Melbourne Brewers Pick arranged? if not is there anyone in the Brunswick area picking up and could possibly grab mine too?

@fents: if I end up picking up and if you still need me too, happy to grab yours.
Pretty sure Maticle is getting some, otherwise get yours delivered to Bayswater and I will pick it up with mine and I will bring it to the next MB meeting.

Bayswater is a good pick up as he works here so happy to hold it for collection.

brendo said:
Pretty sure Maticle is getting some, otherwise get yours delivered to Bayswater and I will pick it up with mine and I will bring it to the next MB meeting.
@ Manticle: Are you?
if not,
@Brendo: Yes please.

Thanks for the offer brendo but now unnecessary.
Thanks Will!

I was only going to act as a drop off and pick up point for MB guys and people like yourself but someone else nearby (Thornbury I think) offered to pick up and act as a pick up point. It's somewhere in the thread - I'll have a look*.

I am still happy to arrange to take bags to MB meeting should it be required.

Just checked - it's Will Cowan and it is Thornbury. Best if he collects and any MB memebers that need me to grab theirs, I can arrange to get it from Thornbury and bring it to a meeting.

So far Danwood and Vitalstatistix (although Vital will likely help me grab the bags from Thornbury). Anyone else, let me know.

Truman said:
I have no record of your payment. I replied to your PM acknowledging that you wanted pick up at Cam but that was it. Can you check your paypal accunt and get back to me?
Just PM you
I had your e-mail wrong

Truman said:
Still waiting for a few stragglers to pay and I have sent them all a PM.

Total if everyone pays is ...

Sodium percarbonate 784 kgs
Sodium metisillicate 213 kgs

Total 997 kgs (I think thats close enough YOB... :D :drinks: )
You get 3/4 of a bottle :p

Well everyone paid so we are over a tonne. I dont know exact figures as the updated spreadsheet is at work. Will post it in the morning.

I will order and pay tomorrow and our truck will pick up on Thursday arvo or Friday morning. They are going to stack it all onto a pallet for me.

Hope to get it sorted over the weekend. Will let everyone know the pick up locations exact details once its ready to collect. May take a few days to get to other metro locations, Geelong etc as I have to wait until we have a truck in our yard that is going back that way but Ive arranged it all and should be no problems.

Just be nice and polite when your picking up from these locations as they are doing you a favour. (although i know you will be or I wouldn't have offered this in the first place.)

For those who paid via Paypal but it was direct debited from a credit card or maybe even a bank account I ended up copping a 2.4% fee. It only came to about $17 total so Im not going to name and shame nor chase everyone for the money as its $1.50 here .81 cents there. But if you know you paid that way and want to reimburse me a HB will do the trick. You can drop HB at any of the pick up locations and they will get it back to me.

Thanks gents for paying on time and keeping me informed of your payments etc. Please be patient while I divvy it all up and get it out to the pick up points. Those collecting at Dandenong should be able to do so as of Monday.

Pick up location is

The Cat Rental Store (Caterpillar not airlock kittens so don't get excited :p )

2-4 Fowler rd
Dandenong

(Opposite where the Dandy bypass hits the Sth Gippsland hwy, you cant miss the caterpillar earth moving equipment parked along the fence line)

Ask for Troy (thats me) at reception but if Im not there the other guys in the office will be able to help you collect your order.

Wow I take my hat off to you guys who have organised this sort of thing before, Yob, Wolfy etc
A lot of work involved especially trying to match up payments etc.

will it be alright to drop some bottles at the campbellfied pickup? if so i will drop a couple of bottles of a kriek for your effort. its only been in the bottle a month or so, so may not be carbed yet. i will open one before then and let you know.

BEERHOG said:
will it be alright to drop some bottles at the campbellfied pickup? if so i will drop a couple of bottles of a kriek for your effort. its only been in the bottle a month or so, so may not be carbed yet. i will open one before then and let you know.
Shit yeh it will be alright and much appreciated. Thanks..

Gents I have had to increase my own order of Sodium metisillicate to 21 kgs to round up to the nearest bag. So if anyone is interested in buying some more sod met let me know as I certainly dont need this much.

Total order is

Sod perc 775 kgs 31 bags
Sod met 225 kgs 9 bags

Gents there will be a slight delay as PayPal takes 3-5 business days to transfer the money into my bank account and I can only pay the supplier by bank transfer. (Sorry but I had a massive blow out this Christmas so cannot cover this with my own funds without taking money from our living xpenses and SWMBO would kick my arse for it.)

So hopefully will be able to order and collect by Tuesday Wednesday next week and should have it ready to collect soon after that.

(Dont worry im not going anywhere, you all know where I work.. :D )

Truman said:
Wow I take my hat off to you guys who have organised this sort of thing before, Yob, Wolfy etc
A lot of work involved especially trying to match up payments etc.
Collecting the money and collating payments is the easy part, getting it distributed to everyone is the hard job, you've still got that to come. ;)
But you've done well, a tonne of bombmakingfertalizer, lucky it's being sent to work or it might raise some eyebrows.

Wolfy said:
Collecting the money and collating payments is the easy part, getting it distributed to everyone is the hard job, you've still got that to come. ;)
But you've done well, a tonne of bombmakingfertalizer, lucky it's being sent to work or it might raise some eyebrows.
We could all meet in a carpark somewhere... because that wasn't dodgy looking - "Hey Mate, You Wolfy?... Got my bag of white powder?"

:p :lol:

Cheers again Truman.

Truman said:
Gents I have had to increase my own order of Sodium metisillicate to 21 kgs to round up to the nearest bag. So if anyone is interested in buying some more sod met let me know as I certainly dont need this much.

Total order is

Sod perc 775 kgs 31 bags
Sod met 225 kgs 9 bags
Not sure if you mentioned before if you can post it or not, but if you can I'll take 5kg. Otherwise just ignore me.

Cheers

Back